1. The Bet

Damon Clarkson

She gave me one last kiss as she starting leaving my office. Whispering "bye" as she adjusts her dress and closes the door while winking at the men entering  my office.

"Another fling," Derek states as he walked in my office with a smirk on his face while Jason and Tobias chuckle.

"Shut up" I said straightening my tie. "What are you three doing in my office? I'm a busy man."

"Of course you are. Especially while you were sleeping with that girl during office hours." Derek says.

"No, seriously we need to do something about this," Jason said as he sat down on the sofa.

"Yea, do you even know her name?" Tobias joined in on the conversation.

"Why should I? I'm not going to see that girl again," I said, which is true. In my opinion all girls are gold diggers and unfaithful. They don't see who you are as long as they see wealth and fame. Not one girl has ever wanted  me for who I truly am much less loved me, they have only wanted to be with me because of my wealth. I have never met a girl that isn't willing to sleep with me even knowing my reputation. I am a playboy. I have never had a real girlfriend, but mind you I have had flings that are countless from supermodels to famous actresses but none of them has lasted more than a week. My reputation is flashed across all magazines and tabloids yet girls don't seem to care about it, which makes me not respect them. Let me tell you I absolutely believe that every woman in my opinion is behind every man success. You might ask if that's the case then who is behind my success. Well that's an easy answer, it's the only woman that I will ever say sorry to, the only woman that'll make me realize my mistake and the only one that I will ever bow my head before is the one and only Charlotte, my older sister. Well, actually she is Peter's girl but she is also mine.

Anyways, back in my office Derek was saying "you know one of these days you are going to meet a girl that will blow your mind away and then you'll see that these one night stands are nothing compared to what you'll feel for her."

"That's never going to happen. A girl loving me for who I am instead of my money? You are crazy and you sound just like my sister" I said.

Derek and I are the same age and we use to do everything together. He use to be just like me and then a year ago he met Rose who is now his fiancé. She is the love of his life, it's crazy how much he has changed but for the better though and I am so very happy for him but I don't think that is ever going to happen to me. I sit back down on my chair with a smile on my face and shaking my head.

"Anyways, what are you three doing here?" I ask opening my laptop.

"Well, I had to drop Rose off a couple of blocks away from here at her sister's so I decided to come visit you and then I met these two goofballs" Derek said pointing at Jason and Tobias "down in the lobby and we decided that we should go out for lunch."

"Did you now?" I ask. I was hungry so I agreed to go out. Fifteen minutes later I closed my laptop and we walkout out of my office down the hallway to the elevator. For some reason I wanted to walk to the restaurant which was just three blocks away from my office building. We were just a block away from the restaurant when we were talking about having a get together over the weekend at my house when I saw a girl walking at a fast pace towards me. She was talking on the phone as she carried an iced coffee in her left hand, she was looking down. I should have moved aside for her because it looked her she was in a hurry but for some reason I couldn't move I just stood there. And the next thing that happened I'm sure you can imagine. I felt a cold coffee all over me "shit" I said at the same time she said "shoot."