Chapter 4

I'm not much of a risk taker. As many of my friends and family know, I am the type of person who loves living in my comfort zone. It doesn't make sense though, since I was a hell of a bad girl in high school. I smoked, did drugs, drove drunk.. You name it. I don't take risks and I very much prefer to just live in the spur of the moment.

Lately that has been everything I can think of. Maybe that was the only thing keeping me with Luis. Because he was safe? Or because he was my comfort zone.

--
It's been a week since that Skype call with Luis and I have been avoiding him like the plague. We talk on the phone often, but I really can't engage in any topic we talk about. The "connection" has visibly diminished, for me at least because lately, Luis has been nothing but very pushy, and sweet, as if he doesn't remember anything from that night. I decided not to talk to him about it anymore since we've been getting along fine recently. Or so I think. No matter how bothered I still am with what I saw that night, I am no longer mad at him, because if it weren't for his stupid drunk actions, I wouldn't have taken the risk of asking for Camila's number.

Speaking of Camila, we have been very close after I asked for her number. We often texted, called, and we always smiled at each other whenever we saw each other around hallways. By now, I have learned the basic things to know about her: her family, her high school life, her music taste, all the good stuff. Everything was going so well. In fact, today, she asked me to eat dinner with her at her favorite pizza place. I am so excited, to the point that I aimlessly just floated quickly throughout the day.

As soon as the final bell rang, I quickly dashed to my dorm room to get changed for my dinner..friendly date with Camz. Yes, I call her Camz now. They call her Mila, but I call her Camz. Go figure.

Digging deep into my wardrobe, I finally found the perfect thing to wear for our hangout. A flannel and my black denim shorts. Yes, this would suffice, I think. It's pretty chill but classy. Okay, this would definitely do.

I settled with my typical dark lipstick and curly hair down look. Taking a quick look at myself in the mirror, I smiled widely at my reflection. I looked nice. I hope Camz liked how I look. OK-wait, why do I even care if she liked how I look? Oh yeah because I want to be best friends with her. Right. Best friends care about what potential best friends think, right?

As I was leaving to meet Camila, my phone vibrated showing two texts from Lucy, my best friend at home. What could this be about? Hookup gone bad, I guess. Oh, Lucy.

Shit. It's 4:30 pm! Camila must be waiting. Lucy can wait. I'll text her later.

--
Camila was sitting lazily on the dorm lobby when I arrived. I coughed loudly for her to notice that I have arrived. She turned to me then subtly looked at me from head to toe before smiling at me goofily. Wait.. Wait. Did she just check me out? Holy fuck. Best friends can check each other out too, right? No biggie.

"Lauren! You look hot!" Camila greeted me as she pulled me into a hug. My cheeks burned. Shit, she smells like lilies and coconuts. She smells as good as she looks.

"H-heyy Camz, you look better than I do so stop" I barely answered her, blushing still. Why the fuck am I turning red as a tomato right now?!

"I don't, Loloooo!" Camila answered, but I just nudged her shoulder with my forehead. She hugged me tighter as a response and her giggles vibrated between us. "Okay, I love hugs and all but we got to go. Fredo's get packed by dinnertime." She then hesitantly said while backing away from our hug, which earned an involuntary pout from me.

"Ugh. Okay, fine. You're lucky I'm hungry." I cockily answered her before grabbing her hand to hail a cab.

--