.05

They watch her walk. They see her sit at a table near their's but they don't dare invite her over.

They see her look around almost as if someone was supposed to be meeting her. They see her check the time.

They finish talking to one another and get up. They still see her sitting alone.

They laugh at how pathetic she looks. They have been talking for the past hour and half while she had been waiting.

They continue to walk around stopping at a store. The lonely girl slips from their thoughts as they begin to shop.

They walk out of the final store, their hands full of bags. They walk down the same path to where they saw the girl.

They see her sitting there in the same spot. They see her sitting alone. They have been shopping for two hours.

They make their way closer to her; curious. They see the smudged makeup on her eyes. They feel sorry for her.

They walk to the exit. They part ways. They say goodbye.

But one comes back. He runs back toward the girl. He sees her looking around at the very few people there until her eyes meet his.

He watches her quickly look away and go back to staring at her watch.

He doesn't know what he's doing here. He turns around to leave but ends up walking to the table with the lonely girl.

He sits; she stares. He doesn't say anything and nether does she. He watches her try to quickly rid her face of tears.

He reaches out and grabs her hand. He feels her tense. He stands up and pulls her up with him.

He watches her stand confused. He wipes the tears from her face and pulls her in a tight hug.

He waits for her to hug him back, she does after a few seconds. He can feel her start to shake and his shirt get wet.

He whispers in her ear, "it's okay. youre okay.remember its okay."

He sees her calm down and the crying stops. He listens to her response. He wraps his arms around her one last time, placing a slip of paper in her pocket.

He walks away and she stares at him stunned. He goes home and continues his normal routine.

He starts to close his eyes as he gets a text from an unknown number.

From: 872-793-5841
Thank you. You did so much more for me than you realize.

He responds. He goes to sleep with a smile on his face, thinking about the lonely girl.

She flushes all of her blades. She repeats the words he said in a shaky voice: "its okay. youre okay. remember its okay."