Part 4

The five pups stared worriedly at the entrance of the lookout, wondering why Ryder had not yet emerged and why the power had once again shut off. Curious Chase made his way over to the double doors.

"Uhh... Ryder Sir? Are you coming?"

Ryder quickly tried to force the doors open with his hands. He struggled and grunted using every ounce of his strength, but the doors still did not part. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his pup-pad to try and reactivate the auxiliary power once again.

But once he tapped his screen, he found that the device would not power on.

No... He thought to himself as he continued tapping the black screen. He pushed himself up against the entrance doors.

"Pups! The power is out again! I... I think it's the ghost pirate. I heard the voice." He gulped. "I can't reactivate the power. I don't know... what's going to happen to me, but... I need the five of you to continue this mission without me."

The five pups gasped, all running to the entrance doors, leaning and banging on them.

"No Ryder! We're not leaving without you!" Said Chase.

"We can't lose another member!" cried Marshall.

"This is an ORDER!" Ryder yelled, in a very harsh manner.

He never once had to use a tone of this nature or raise his voice with them and they were all very shocked. Chase wanted to argue back. To tell him that he could not obey this order, but he knew that Ryder had made up his mind for them to go and was not going to back down. With sorrow filled eyes he turned to face the others.

"We... need to go..." he said, gaining a surprised look from the others.

"What?! We can't just leave Ryder!" Skye argued.

"These are our orders... We have to obey. It's what Ryder wants. Another second we're here is another second the others could be in danger.

The others stared at the ground. They knew Chase was right.

"Marshall, if it's alright with you... I'd like to pair up with Skye and go check on the Porters. I have something important I need to talk to her about. Do you mind pairing up with Zuma?"

The dalmatian lowered his ears. "Sure... thats... fine." he replied lowering his head sadly.

Chase noticed Marshall's expression and wanted to question it, but instead decided to brush it off. He proceeded to walk to his vehicle with the others following behind heading to their designated areas as well.

As the group walked around to their pup-houses, they couldn't help but notice the slide decorated with blood, sliced bones, and entrails that came from their close friend. They tried their best to keep it together as memories of his horrible death came flooding back. With these terrible memories, their worry for Ryder only increased.

Zuma, Chase, Rocky, and Marshall each approached their pup-house and pressed a switch that caused them to transform into their vehicles. Skye hopped into the back of Chase's police cruiser. She didn't want to take her helicopter for obvious reasons.

The four lined their vehicles up in a horizontal row. "Once either of you find any of the others, safe or... otherwise; just contact the rest of us." said Chase. The other three simply nodded.

With that said, the five turned to look at the lookout once more.

Please be safe Ryder.

Ryder turned around and stared into the dark as he heard metallic foot steps inching closer. He focused his eyes and saw blue lights in the distance.