Prologue

"Ava!!,are you up yet?,Ava?,don't make me come up there".

"I'm up mom,I'm up" I groaned into my pillow,trying to untangle myself from the massive amount of blankets wrapped around me to protect my body from the cold January chill.

I fell down with a thump on the ground,"story of my life",I muttered.

"Ava??",my mom called out again.

"I'm up mom,I'll be down soon".

I got up and went to my bathroom to complete my morning routine.

"I'm lost in a world that rattles my brain,I'm cleaning up my life from the mess you made oh oh,woah oh,oh oh",I belted out Freddie stroma's song knockin' at the top of my lungs while I was in the shower,at least I think he sang it,I frowned,I heard it from Cinderella story.

"You can keep knockin' knockin', baby you are knockin' but there ain't no way I'll ever let you in,so keep on knockin' knockin' but baby you are better off walking cause I ain't gon let you in,never again,no not again".

A few minutes later I came out of the shower and towel dried myself,I applied my vanilla scented lotion and blow dried my long hair.

I applied a light makeup,just mascara and a lip gloss,then I went to my walk-in closet and put on the clothes I picked out before going into the shower -blue skinny jean,a black tanktop,a deep red cardigan and sneakers- I decided to leave my hair the way it was -curled and falling in waves- "looking good there Ava",I smirked.

"AVA ROSE BLAKE!,get your narrow behind here right now! young lady".
I sighed and started downstairs.

"Morning mom",

"Morning honey,go grab your food in the kitchen",she said not taking her eyes off the tv and also eating simultaneously.

She woke me up because of food?. I rolled my eyes. I forgot there was no school today because of the snowstorm last night.

My food turned out to be marinated cheese and pasta,and I felt my stomach grumble in response,my mom is a great cook.

I looked out the kitchen window as I grabbed a bottle of soy milk from the fridge and saw snow everywhere,thank God today is Friday,three days with no school.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate school,I just don't love it.

I went back to the living room with my food and soy milk and dropped on the couch beside my mom.

I saw the movie she's watching is 'we are the millers' and sighed heavily.

"What?",she asked looking at me curiously.

I sighed again for effects and said "you've watched this movie like a million times but you are watching it again and acting like you've never seen it before,I think it's serious enough for me to sigh".

She rolled her eyes at me and said "you are being dramatic and exaggerating,besides it's a great movie and we both know you also love it"

Then she stuck her tongue out at me like a twelve year old.

Ladies and gentlemen,I give you my mom. I sighed again and decided to just keep shut.

After a while of watching 'we are the millers' I glanced at my mom from the corner of my eye and marveled at how alike we are,people can even mistake us for twins.

Same long curly blonde hair,light blue eyes,full pink lips and very short almost not there eyelashes.

My eyelashes are the only thing I wished I got from my dad,he has really long eyelashes,same as my little brother Alex,and I get jealous of it sometimes.

Why is it that only boys get the longest lashes?. Le sigh.

My mom and I are both short,she at 5'7 and me at 5'4.

We sat there together watching 'we are the millers' and making small talk once in a while.

A/N
Hi guys,I really appreciate you taking your time to read this book,I'm sorry if there are any mistakes,now that it's completed I'm trying to edit it.
Ps the picture above is Ava and the video is the song Ava was singing in the shower.
Ana x.