54.

We walk onto the school campus, multiple memories flashing through my mind.
But they're faded. Only slightly.
I walk up to one of the windows, almost immediately remembering what happened in that hallway.

"You stupid bitch. Go kill yourself. Nobody would care or notice."
"Hah. You're just a waste of air."
A sharp pain is soon after felt in my gut and I drop to my knees where I'm then kneed in the nose, which then starts to bleed, the blood slowly flowing down and over my upper lip before it drops on the floor.
The blood drips once more before I'm kicked in the ribs, my body limply dropping to the side. Right before they kick me again I hear shouts. A guy, mixed with the three girls.
But I don't open my eyes. They stay squeezed shut as I force myself not to cry.
"Leave." He says, almost in a growl.
Seconds later, he's holding me close to his body.
"Ow.." I mutter as he does so.
Yeah. Definitely bruised a couple of ribs.
"Sorry- you're fine now.. I got you." He whispers and I slowly wrap my arms around him and hide my face in his chest.
Good. Now don't let go.

And he didn't.
I turn to Max, who seems to remember it as well.
I can tell by the look on his face.
"Max," I whisper, resulting in him looking down at me.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you too. Don't forget that." He says and kisses me gently.
I smile and wrap my arms around his neck then step up onto his feet and rest my cheek on his chest.
No. We didn't leave the kids at home alone. We asked Adam and Alesa to watch them. Which they're doing right now.
I sigh and look up at Max, who's looking down at me and smiling.
"May I have this dance?" Max asks softly.
I giggle and nod then step off of his feet then wrap my arms around his neck, and he wraps his arms around my waist gently.
"God I'm so lucky to have you.." He says softly as we dance under the stars to no music, our bodies gently moving with each other as we slowly make circles.
"If anything.. I'm lucky to have you. I was just that sophomore who was.. Hopelessly in love with a senior." I laugh softly.
"And he turned out to love her back. And now they're married."
"And they have three babies.."
"And the man wants to be with the woman.."
"For the rest of their lives." I say, smiling and kissing Max gently.
"Of course." He whispers as I part our lips and rest my head on his shoulders.

Cory' POV

I nearly throw my phone at the wall when I see Max post a selfie of him and Cass, both smiling and they seem to be in front of a building of some sort, during the nighttime.
But then I realize I'm being stupid. If they find out this is me conducting this stuff with that dumb blonde.. They'll hate me.
I quickly call her number.
"Hello?" Her stupid high pitched voice says over the phone. "What do you want me to do now?"
"Forget it." I say through gritted teeth.
"What?"
"I'm calling my plan off. In the end I won't get her. I'm just some crazy person at this point. I'm not the person they used to know." I say as I stare at my reflection in my window.
I'm really not.
"Do you think I'm doing this just for you?" She laughs.
"What?"
"I'm totally in love with Max." She snickers.
Oh no.
"When I met them in Hawaii I had nothing to do with him. Then I met you and you told me to separate them.. And now here we are." She giggles.
"An-"
"Later, Cory." She giggles and soon after the phone line drops.
Shit.
I quickly call Max. The phone rings three times before Max answers.
"Cory?" He asks.
"No time for chit chat. You know Andréa? She's going to go crazy. I just got off the phone with her and-"
"Wait wait wait- how do you know Andréa?" Max asks, sounding suspicious.
"What?" I hear Cass' muffled voice.
I take a deep breath.
"Because. I'm the reason why all of this is happening with Andréa. When all of you left and she followed you up to Washington- she was some crazy fan who wanted to meet everyone I guess I don't know.. And I told her to split you two up. We made a deal and- I never thought she'd actually fall in love with you."
"You idiot." Max hisses.
"I'm s-"
"Save it." He snaps. "You put me, Cass.. And our babies lives possibly in danger." He says before sighing audibly.
"Cass, take the keys and run back- no. Bad idea. I'm not letting you go to the car alone. Cory, thanks for warning us, but you're a fucking dick."
"I know." I say right before the line goes dead.
Well, I'm not gonna sit back and let this happen.
I grab my keys and slip on my shoes, not even bothering to pack anything.
I'm not going to sit back and just watch this happen.
Even if this means risking my own life.. I'm flying back to Seattle tonight with no exceptions.

---

Ain't anxiety just so fun to deal with?
I had an anxiety attack in the middle of writing this chapter. Yay me.
But.
I'm working on another Mithzan fanfic :D
Not a sequel or a prequel.. It's something a little different.
Would you guys read it when it comes out? :3 just wondering <3