Can we keep him?

By the time Sammy was finished his mom was in tears. She was saying things like "How could she?" and "that's horrible" and "To her own son!" I was hiding my head in Sammy's chest. I wrapped my arms around him and cried quietly. He patted my back and whispered "don't worry. Shhh it will be ok. I love you. Mom will let u stay you know that." He kissed the top of my head and told me to go to his room. I listened.

Sammy's room was the attic but I could still hear Sammy downstairs, his mom was to quiet to hear. "Mom he has no where to go! We can't leave him on the streets!" there was a pause where I'm assuming Jessi was talking because then Sam said "Oh my God mom that's....wait.... dad hasn't been home in almost a year. Whose is it!?" There was another pause, this one longer than the last. "Mom why!? If we needed money I could have gotten a job at the gas station down the street! You didn't have to do that! How long have you known!?" I didn't like Sammy yelling. I really didn't like him yelling at his mom. I opened the door and ran downstairs. "Sammy stop!" he was in a full on rage though.

He spun around and hit me. My hands came up to protect my face. He shoved me down. I scrambled for the door and ran out. I heard Jessi who never raised her voice scream at him. "Sam! What the hell!?" I heard a large crash and I wanted to run back to Sam but my feet kept running away. I wasn't watching where I was going and I ran into someone. I didn't care who it was I buried my face into them and cried.

The person was surprised but then put a hand on my back and rubbed in small circles. It was a woman I could tell because I realized my face was in her boobs. She was tall and smelled like oranges. She pulled me off of her. "hey are you trying to flood the world?" her voice was sweet and kind. It made me smile a bit and I wiped my face with my sleeve. I looked up at her and she smiled.