Chapter 3 - Interviews and Opinions.

I got to miss first period as the Slave Auction list was being announced first, so I made my way to the Concert Hall, where hundreds of girls where sat, waiting to be announced, I took a seat beside Danni, who didn’t even acknowledge that I was there, her eyes didn’t leave the stage.

On the stage, I noticed the head cheerleader, Mila Connery stood, clipboard in hand.

She had three girls behind her, all holding pieces of paper.

After the chat died down Mila began to speak, “Hello girls, its so great to see all these lovely ladies that have come to take part in the school’s fundraising event, the Slave Auction”, her eyes, just like Danni’s glittered as she said it, “Now, we have over one hundred entries and unfortunately we cant have you all, so we are going to narrow it down to just thirty. My lovely assistants here, Becky, Lily and Scarlet will call out the thirty girls who will be through to the next round. If your name is called out, please make you’re way to the stage and take a form from me, then you may go back to you’re class.”

Danni squeezed my hand in a good luck gesture as the three girls stepped forward and began to recite the names perfectly in sync.

Okay… This shit got practised way too much.

“Danni Harvard.”

Danni stood up, strutting dramatically towards the stage, when she arrived she stepped up and made her way over to Mila to get her form.

After being handed her form she waited for a second, obviously seeing if Mila was going to congratulate her or something, Mila didn’t even glance at her.

Cringe!

More and more girls began to file out of the hall, and I began to get anxious.

I could either: A) Get picked and have to face this again resulting in more stress ad high blood pressure, or B) Not get picked and be deeply embarrassed, which would also lead to high blood pressure.

Looks like I’m fucked.

“Katy Clarkson.” As soon as I heard my name, relief washed over me and my stomach dropped all at once.

I stood up and walked up to the stage; I stepped up to it and walked towards Mila who smiled at me.

“I love that dress! I can’t wait to see you in the interviews!” She gushed and handed me a form.

I departed from the concert hall, clutching the form and  left silently confused.

Did the school’s most popular girl just compliment me?

I rounded the corner making m way to English and just as I was turning I crashed into someone.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” I said, getting up to look at whoever I had crashed into.

“No worries, darlin.”

I could almost feel his smirk.

I stood up and quickly brushed myself off, and bent down to pick up the form I had dropped.

“What’s this?” Harry picked it up and held it out of my reach, his eyes gleaming mischievously.

“Nothing!” I cried, jumping to get it, with no success.

He unfolded it and began to read.

Harry then looked up after reading it, “Looks like someone’s been lying!”

“Gimme that!” I snatched it off of him, feeling my cheeks heat up.

His smirk grew bigger as he turned to walking away; he stopped then turning to me, “Seeya at the Slave Auction!” He said and he started walking with his four friends.