Part 3

I immediately backed away from the foreign eyes. I got on my feet and slowly looked up. I locked eyes with a brown tabby cat. It's eyes darted over to the pathway then it took off. I started following it. As it led me deeper into the forest I noticed the end of its tail was black. It started turned sharp corners and weaving between trees. Making it harder to follow and easier to lose sight of.

Eventually we came to a clearing. I was beyond out of breath and dropped to my knees. The cat walked over to me, its big eyes were hypnotizingly beautiful. I reached my hand out trying to gain some trust from it. It sniffed and inched its way closer to me. It licked the tip of every finger on my right hand. Luckily by this time the pain in my side had subsided because the cat walked over to the left back into another part of the forest. Good god this cat is crazy, I thought to myself and I jogged behing it trying to catch up.

This time, I knew something was wrong. I kept seeing trees that disappeared once I got close to them and it felt like I was running downhill. I kept going faster, faster than I'd ever run before even though I was barely putting out much energy. I was going too fast, I couldn't slow down! Everything was a blur the ground was leaning left to right, left to right. Then it leaned back. I was running in place for about five seconds before I realized a tree was blocking my way. Then I stumbled down the side of the trail and realized I was on the ground. Things got darker and I saw the cat peer over the edge of the trail. It's ears were down and eyes wide. The cat started turning...yellow? That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out.