Part 4

As I regained consciousness I heard the strong repetitive beat of a drum. I felt it pounding in my chest. I was calm, soothed and oblivious for a minute or so until the memories came flooding back. I sat up with a start and took in my surroundings. I was in the same ditch, by the same trail but I felt a presence. I got up and walked back onto the trail and across the trail there was a tribe. They were all native except for this one little blonde girl. The same girl I saw on the path before! There was about 30 of them there with several teepees set up, dancing around a fire with some on the sides playing drums and flutes. They sang a foreign song, somewhat like" Oinodokimodinooooo ganaligaaaasaaaaaaay! Fisominashioluuuuuuhh jooooooooo totoyotoro" I wanted to sing too but had no idea what they were saying. I walked over towards them slowly and the music died down.

" Hi, I ,Tara . I need your help" I said slowly, while making embarrassing hand motions. They kind of looked at me funny and mimicked my motions while laughing quietly. What looked like the chief walked up to me.

"Dude, you ok? Did you just learn English or something because you sound ridiculous" he said. Crap, I thought, I just made an idiot out of myself. Well here goes nothing.

" I need to get out of the forest, over by 84th avenue, and you seem more familiar with this place than I am. How do I get there?" I asked.

"Haha, the white girl's lost. Holly, help her," demanded the chief. I saw the little blonde girl stand up and walk over.

"Hi, I'm Holly and I'll help you out," she said.

Little did I know I'd never forget those words.