Chapter 9

Mia's POV

I took the earliest flight back to New York which is at 3.30pm. It's the latest I can get and I can't wait to see Ashton. 

I could feel all the butterflies in my stomach while waiting for my flight. 

Once I open the door, all I see is beer cans all over the table and floor. Did Ashton had a house party yesterday?

I open the door to our bedroom and I see Ashton is lying down on the bed with his casual clothes. He didn't even change to his pyjamas. 

"Ashton," I poke him while sitting at the edge of the bed. 

Ashton turn his back  and open his eyes. He have bags under his eyes and he didn't shave. The Ashton I know would always shave as he say he wants to look professional and handsome. 

"O-oh it's you Mia-aa. I'm dreaming about you and now I'm even seeing you ," Ashton slurred. How much did this big guy drink.

"oh god, you're still drunk. Go back to sleep," I pull his blanket up 

"NO. If I sleep now , you will disappear again. Please don't leave me," Ashton cried pulling my hand.

"Don't cry my big baby. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere," I use my thumb to wipe his tears.

"Why did you want to leave me Mia? Why didn't you tell me you are leaving me?"

"I did tell you Ashton that I'm going to leave for a week," I look at him weirdly while putting my hands at my hips.

Ashton fall back to the bed and snore loudly. I guess he is really tired. 

I take this time to clean the living room and his office. All his file are on the floor like some thief barges into his office. Didn't he check my message I left him? 

I went to our room's bedside table and realise he crumpled up the message I left. Did he thought I am leaving him for good? 

Since he will be sleeping for quite a time so i decided to cook some chicken soup for him so he can drink after he wakes up. 

>>>

I was watching tv when i heard him groaned so I went to reheat the chicken soup and prepare aspirin with water for him to clear off his headache from drinking too much. 

"Mia?" 

I looked up and see a guy with messy hair, shirts are not properly tuck which is far from the clean Ashton that I first met. 

"You look awful," I said and take the chicken soup to the dining table. 

"Is that the first thing you can say after not seeing me for 4 days?," 

"But really you look awful but I still love you despite you look like shit," I took a seat. 

"W-What did you say?," 

"Come sit here, take your pills  and drink the chicken soup that I cook," I look at him. 

"Repeat what you say just now," 

"what? I love you?" I said smiling. 

Ashton ran and hug me tightly and holding me up. 

"Don't kiss me yet cause we both know your breath stink and I hate the smell of alcohol on your body," I laugh 

 "wait" 

"Didn't you just discharge from the hospital 2 days ago? So why are you drinking when you're not fully heal yet?" 

"It's just a minor accident," 

"So? you still need to take care of your health. Drinking so much alcohol can hurt your liver," 

"Well part of the drinking is due to you. No, the whole drinking thing is because of you. You didn't leave me any message. How can I trust that you would come back? Where can I find you if you're gone? " 

"well.. I..." I couldn't say anything because I really did make a mistake. 

"You don't have a family and You wouldn't go back to Seattle as you don't want to remember you ex. You wouldn't even want to stay here as you might see me. The only family member you actually have is only me. So if you leave me, where can I find you Mia?" Ashton say as a tear fall on his cheek. 

"I'm sorry.." I said as I use my thumb to wipe his tears away.

Ashton hug me tightly and give me a kiss on the forehead. 

"Now that you're back, it is fine," 

After that small tiny argument, Ashton went to sit at the dinning table and drink the chicken soup I made. 

 I told him about what I did in Maine and the old couple I met. Ashton say we could go back there to finish the sightseeing that I haven't done and meet the old couple again. 

After he finish his food, he went to freshen himself up. 

>>>

We decided to stay in the house and watch netflix since Ashton have not recover from his hangover.

"I thought you really did lie to me when you say you're coming back in a week," Ashton said while brushing my hand

"I still have to go to school Ash so I can't leave yet. ," I laugh

"You know I love you very much right? You didn't even give me the chance to tell you." Ash says

"I know and I love you too," I smile and Ashton peck on my lips 

"What do we have to do with the contract now?" I said

"let's talk about that like later because I'm tired," Ashton said as he pull me to our room.

I change into my pjs and went to the bed and lie down beside Ashton. 

"Let's have a date on this weekend," Ashton suggested. 

"That's okay since I need to catch up my designs. The deadline is coming real soon," 

"Are you excited?" 

"Very" I said as I yawn 

"Let's sleep now, sleepy little princess," 

When she was staying at Maine, she found it difficult to fall into a deep slumber and she knew it was because of the thought of her contract husband.

Or maybe this time it'll be her real husband.

Ashton is the last thing in Mia's mind before she went to the bed and  fall asleep with Ashton.