Blue Eyes

Twenty-seven years passes and Venusia had grown into a beautiful, kind, and bright young woman. It was a hot summers day and she was on her way back from the botanical gardens. The taxi finally stops outside of her Manhattan town house. After leaving her regular driver a large tip, she climbs up the stairs and unlocks her front door.

She lifts her head and her breath catches in her chest. A large man, dressed in all black, stands in front of her glass balcony doors, gazing at a hanging pot of Golden Pothos.

"Hello, Venusia, I've been looking for you for a long time," he spoke.

"How do you know my name," she asks, moving closer to the large cactus plant beside the front door.

"I've known you for a long time. I was the one, who pried you from your mother's arms." The man pauses and starts walking toward her, running a hand through his short white hair. "You , my Dear, are Hydra's little runaway. Oh, and I paid your replacements a visit."

"What did you do to them?"

"Nothing yet," the man chuckled. "Now, let's get you home."

Venusia flicks her hand and the Pothos comes to life, vines flinging forward and coiling tightly around the man, throwing him backwards. She turns around and bolts out the door, but not before making the cactus grow to block the door.

She sprints down the street aiming for the main roads. Her inhuman abilities propelling her faster than ever before. More men in black chase after her. She then feels a sharp pain in her thigh as she turns onto a crowded street. She refuses to stop, even as her legs grow heavy and she has to fight to keep from collapsing.

Then, it felt like she ran into a wall. She heard a muffled voice and felt two strong arms catch her before she falls to the ground. The last thing she sees before falling into darkness, is a pair of beautiful, gray-blue eyes.