Meet & Greet

Venus shuffles into the glass elevator after Bucky, placing herself as far from him as possible. The air between them is awkward, to say the least. Venus plays with her fingers and chews on her lip, as she searches for something thing to talk about.
      "So-" Venus starts but Bucky interrupts her.
      "You shouldn't let him get away with things so easily. If he does something you don't like just whack him over the head or something. " Venus watches him glare at the floor as he grinds his toe into it.
       She giggles at his concern, " Oh no, he's charming.  .." She stops when Bucky raises his head with his blue eyes wide, but then he knits his eyebrows together and looks back at the ground. "No, I meant he's fun to talk to," she amends, but she is talked over.
      " Well then, I'm glad you had fun on your date," he grumbles and walks briskly out of the elevator.
      Venus sighs and exits the elevator slowly. She stops at the doorway to a large room. She feels like she is looking into a room full of rock stars.
       She did not feel welcome, especially after the elevator fiasco, so she hangs back. She watches as Captain America pauses his quiet conversation with Tony to clap Bucky on the shoulder. Pietro was talking happily with the Scarlet Witch and Natasha tends to the Falcon's wounds.
        Venus feels herself sweat as the Captain turns to look at her. She clears her throat and wipes her hands on her jeans as she musters up the courage to walk up to him.
         He shakes her hand and smiles,
"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am, Steve Rodgers. "
         "Uh V-venusia or, or Venus, whichever really... Sir," Venus stutters.
         "Is she one of Barton's," Steve asks  Tony.
       "Barnes brought her in," Tony whispers. Steve looks at Tony surprised.
       "Are you talking about me? Did you miss me," a voice calls from the elevator. Two men walk into the room. One is blonde and has a hiking bag slung over his shoulder. The other has brown hair, sporting a five o'clock shadow, and looks like he just rolled out of bed.
        "Clint," Natasha calls. The blonde man's eyes got wide and he put his hands out to stop her, but it was too late. Natasha already had him in a tight headlock.
        "Finally," Pietro says, sarcastically, as he appears in front of Clint.
       "Not all of us can run at the speed of light, Kid," Clint defends.
       "How is Little Natasha," Natasha asks.
       "Nathaniel. He's growing fast, but this vacation will give me some much-needed sleep," he says, showing Natasha his phone.
        "She is going to be the best double agent ever," she says happily, handing Clint his phone back. Clint sighs and directs his attention to Tony.
       "What was so important that I needed to come out of retirement," Clint asks.
       "Hydra," Tony replies. Steve stiffens and his face gets serious. Tony explains Venus' predicament to the group.
      Steve pats her shoulder. "We'll find your family," he promises.
      "I want to help," Venus states, opening her mouth again to convince him, but he stops her.
      "I understand, but you need training, Natasha."
       "Got it," Natasha replies.
       "I'll lend a hand," Clint says.
       "Good and-" Steve continues but Tony cuts him off.
        "Barnes you're on babysitting duty. She's your responsibility," Tony says.
         Bucky walks in front of Venus, "Sergeant James Barnes, at your service, Doll," he says, saluting at her and giving her a wink and a sloppy grin. She returns his smile, happy that his mood seems to have improved.