Chapter 5- Going Home

Jordan's POV
~
The last two Hours went by really quickly, I wish they hadn't. I have softball practice after school with Liv and Angie. I always look forward to that, those are my girls 💋. Angie and Liv say bye to their boyfriends, and bye to Blake. I tell them I'll catch up with them in a few.
~
I stayed behind for a few minutes so I could talk to Blake.
~
"So overall not a very bad first day?"
"No, not as bad as I thought it was going to be, which was nice."
"Good! I'm glad it was better than you thought."
"Yeah, I'm just happy I didn't get bullied today."
~
I was shocked he was comfortable enough to just say that. I've never been that comfortable before, and I've had problems since 7th grade 😬. Not with bullying but with other stuff. I promised myself that I'm going to be there for him. "Hey Blake, if you ever need anything, talk to me okay?" "Okay, thanks Jordan, I'll see ya tomorrow 😊."
~
I go to practice feeling a little unsettled, but all that fades away as soon as I hit the field.
~
Practice went well! We did a practice game and Liv and Angie both hit home runs which is cool 👍🏼. I on the other hand sucked. All I could think about was what Blake said. Liv and Angie ask me what's up, and I just say I got a lot on my mind. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow, I say. They get a ride home together, so I just wait on the curb for my mom to come and get me.
~
I see someone down the street a little from me. Realizing that it's Blake, I go over and ask him why he's still here at school. "I'm waiting for my mom to pick me up, though it probably would have just been quicker to walk home" he said. I laugh, cuz it's probably true. "My moms the same way. How far away do you live?" I ask. "Only a block, so not that far." "Oh really? me too!"
~
My mom finally got to the school. I ask Blake if he wants a ride but he said, "Nah I'll just wait for my mom. I'll see you later though :)." I smile and hop into my car to head home.