008

Cristiano had already walked away and Rose and I walked back to the car.

"So it seems we havev a party tomorrow, I'm sure Cris has been invited too," I tell her. She looks at me.

"Like a party David Villa is arranging tomorrow," I tell her and she looks at me, still a bit confused.

"Sounds great though!" she suddenly says after she had time to let it sink in. "Who's coming?"

"Not sure, but some friends and some footballers I suppose, and you, Kim and Hailey," I say. "Well, and me."

"Amazing, where is it? At the hotel?" she asks. I'm not sure why she already seems to know.

"Exactly there! Around 7."

"Great, then I have another reason to play dress up tomorrow," she mentions as we arrive at the car. We have a long way to go, but we'll live. I take the time in the car to check my emails and I see Nadia has replied to my email. She mentions she's coming to visit me next week somewhere, and some of her other friends.

I start writing a reply to her immediately.

Dear Nadia,

The diary is more about his life, and why he decided to disappear. I guess, it's interesting for some. For me especially. I'm pretty alright now, after having got your email and after Rose invited me to come to the training. And no, Fernando is not dead.

It's been a while since I last saw you, I'm glad to her that you're coming here. Too bad you can't get here tomorrow because there seems to be a party that you'd love to attend! Well I'll let you know how that goes.

Take care,

Alexandra

"Email?" Rose asks. I nod.

"Yeah, a friend of mine, Nadia, is coming over next week, I'm pretty stoked about it," I tell her. A few moments later we start to talk about the upcoming wedding. It seems to be happening sooner than I expected! But I'm happy for them anyways.

"See you tomorrow," Rose calls out, I laugh as I exit the car. She's going to sneak into Cristiano's hotel tonight. I'm not sure how that will work out. I run towards the front door, knowing that my mother won't be too happy about me arriving so late, but then again, I'm a functioning adult. At least, that's what I like to think. I walk to the kitchen and find a plate of foot in the microwave. I heat it up and take it with my upstairs. I sit down on my bed with my plate next to me, hoping I won't spill it onto the fresh covers. I take out Fernando's journal from my bag and start reading.

May 10th, 2010

Justin and Jacob took me to some bar today. She said there would be cute girls and that I could perhaps take one home. Girls are not objects that you can take home?! I was a little bothered by their behavior, but I went with them anyways. I had some great talks with some ladies, but that was all. I'm not really a bar-type of guy. I rather go to the clubs, I mean, I like to dance once in a while. Today, we did do some training again. If only I could join the World Championships.

I remember just now that I still have to write a text message to Roberto. He's probably waiting for me. Well I hope so. I take my phone from my pocket, find his number and start a message.

"Hey there, it's me, Alexandra. Tomorrow I do have a party though, so our football meetup can't really happen. At least not tomorrow. Though it would be fun if you could join the party with me and my friends. A bunch of guys are coming and otherwise we would have to meet up before 7 or some other day. Let me know! Looking forward to hearing from you. xxx Alexandra."

After I hit send, I start reading the journal once again. I'm hoping to finish it sometime very soon.

May 17th, 2010

It's almost June! I can't imagine how fast the time went this year. I dont mind though. My birthday also happened. I don't mind birthdays a lot. No one actually knew it was my birthday anyways. I turned 26 this year. My trainer says I could have been selected as a national player for the national team if I were a little younger. Well, he doesn't know that I already am and I really wish I could tell him that.

May 26th, 2010

It's only 16 days until the championships start! I'm so excited. I got my tickets to South Africa already and now I only have to think about how to invade the dressing rooms during the game. Or how I will run onto the field. I should perhaps ask Justin and Jacob, without letting them know exactly my plans, but perhaps they can help me somehow.

I hear my phone beeping and I take it out and open my text message.

"I can also pick you up tonight, if you'd like. I mean, the football field is probably so much nicer at night. xxx Roberto."

So sweet. But it's almost midnight, which I don't mind, but my parents wouldn't exactly appreciate me sneaking out of the house at this time of the day. I hit reply.

"That's alright. See you soon then."

I send him my address and I leave my phone on the bed to quickly get dressed into something nice and a little appropriate for a football date kind of thing. I take out a jeans and a sweater, because it's probably cold outside now. I take out my sneakers that I haven't worn in a while and then it's time to wait for the doorbell to ring, because I'm not sure how far away he is from my place.