Chapter 4 - Smaller Countries and Worried Parents

Ashtin and Ivan had went to bed that night, Ashtin sobbing herself to sleep. Ivan woke up first again. He noticed something... odd. Ashtin was smaller, much smaller. She was almost chibi infact. This was odd, her country wasn't any smaller only the population. Ivan woke her up, worried about her. "Ashtin, da." She rolled over and put a pillow over her head. Ivan laughed at this. "Ashtin, come on, wake up, da." She pulled the pillow off and looked at him. "Nyet, vhy should I?" Dark rings were under her eyes and her cheeks were covered in dry tears. "You have to, da. Why shouldn't you?" "Everything is gone, Ivan." She said, holding back tears. "That's not true." "Vreally? What do I still have besides vamily?" "M-" "You are vamily." Ivan brought the even smaller country close to him. "You're smaller, da." She put out her hand and looked at it. I... I am smaller! Why am I smaller? I was small enough! This isn't fair! "W-Why...?" Ivan kissed her nose. "I'm not sure, maybe you grow with your population not land." "D-Does th-that mean all m-m-my citizens a-are...?" "No, not all of them, da." Ashtin still wanted to cry. "I-I-I want t-to see Papa..." She said as tears started to roll down her cheeks. "Okay, we'll go see him," Ivan said, stroking her hair. "He'll be at the world meeting anyways, da." Ashtin looked up at him. "V-Vat? There's a world meeting t-t-today?" Ivan nodded at the crying albino. "Its's okay, da. I won't let him come near you." He said then kissed her cheek, kissing the tears away.

  "Canada, dude wake up!" Canada shot him a glare, instantly making America back off. "I'll get up when I-I want, eh." America realized what was going on. He went over to the bed and threw off the blanket. "No." Canada looked up at him. "No?" "Yes, no. You aren't gonna lay in bed all day and blame yourself for that damned fire she wasn't even in." Canada was mad at his brother for yelling at him but he was right. Canada got out of the bed. He was in nothing but his boxers, his hair a mess, dark circles around his eyes. "Dude, pants." Canada shot him another glare as he picked up his pants and hoodie and threw them on. "L-Let's go..." "Um dude, you know what time it is?" Canada looked at him confused. "The world meeting is today! In like three minutes! Hey, she'll probably be there. Wait- does she even go to world meetings?" "Yeah, she does, eh." "See! Let's go!" So Canada and America went to the world meeting, this world meeting would be different. Very different. 

  Ashland and Russia arrived soon after Iggy and France. Asland smiled, she hadn't seen her grandfathers in quite sometime, years to be exactly. "Grandpa Iggy! Grandpa France!" She shouted, bolting from Russia to her grandfathers. Iggy and France both turned around and smiled. France got on his knees and hugged the tiny country. "I missed you France!" She hugged her grandfather tightly and looked up at Iggy. "I missed you too, Iggy!" She pulled from France and hugged England. Russia smiled sadly, wishing he had more family. Ukraine he loved very much but Belarus scared the living shit out of him. "Where's your father Ashtin?" France asked. "I-I don't know..." France and Iggy became surprised. She usually came with him. "You didn't come with him?" England asked. Ashtin shook her head. "I came with Russia!" She giggled. "R-Russia??" They both gasped. "Ja, vhy?" They loked back and forth, trading thoughts. "Ashland are cr-" England started to yell, France shot him a glare, telling him to remember what happens when you yell at her. "Ashtin... Ivan is a how-you-say a scary country." France said calmly looking at her into her eyes. "N-Nyet, h-he's not scary. H-He's really nice!" England crouched down beside France and took her hands. "Please tell me you didn't become one with him." Ashtin gave him a silent stare, answering his question. "Oh bloddy hell..." He said getting up and walking over to Russia. "Iggy! Don't!" The Frenchman yelled. England ignored him, and went towards him. He grabbed Russia's tie and glared at him. "What in the bloody hell did you do to my lovely granddaughter?!" "Oh, hello England. I don't know what you're talking about, da. She's the same as always." Russia said, giving him a soft smile. "You know what I'm talking about! How did you get her to become one with you?!" "I just asked and she said yes, da." England let go of his tie and went back to his husband and granddaughter. He picked up the tiny country and put her over his shoulder. "Iggy! What are you doing? Put me down!" She yelled as she kicked and punched him. "No, this is for your own good." France silently followed England as took her inside. "Russia!" She screamed, thinking of the worst. They're not going to let me see Russia again! Russia! Help me! Please... Russia rushed over to her and grabbed her from England. Ashland hugged the huge country tightly. "What do you think you're doing?" England asked angerly. "Taking my country inside, da." He said with a smile and pushed past them.