Chapter 3 - Goodbye Prussia and Hello Fire

Two days later Canada was still furious at Prussia. "Birdie, you can't still be mad about vis!" "Well I am, eh!" The Canadian yelled back as he stormed to the closet to get his clothes for the day, he was going to force Ashland to go to the hospital. "Bir-" Canada whipped around. "No. Just stop. You can't treat my daughter like shit then act all sweet on me, eh. That's not how it works." "So vat does vat mean?" Canada tightened his jaw and looked down. "I-I'm leaving you... I want you out of my house by the time I'm back, eh." Canada said, holding back tears. He quickly turned to leave. Prussia let him leave, tears streaming down his face. Gilbird came to him and sat on his shoulder. Prussia brushed him off. Kuji came up to Prussia and tilted his head. "What's wrong?" He crouched down and pat the polar bear's head softly. "Vit's nothing Kuji... T-Take care of Canada vor me." He hugged the polar bear tightly and cried very hard. I'm going to kill that tiny country... What does she care about most?...Canada but I can't hurt Birdie, something else....I got it! Her sunflowers. I know exactly what I'll do them.  The albino gathered his stuff and left returning to his own country. "C'mon Gilbird..." He said quietly to the little chicken. "This is most certainly vot awesome." He sighed to himself and trudged home. 

  Canada didn't go straight to Ashland, he had to get his mind off of Prussia. He went to a cafe nearby and sat at a table outside and put his down. For once he was glad that nobody ever saw him. "Canadaaaa~!" Crap. What does he want? Canada looked up, face-to-face with his brother America. "Hello Alfred, eh." "What's wrong dude?" "I-Its nothing, don't worry." America sat down with him. "C'mon dude, tell me what's up." Mathew sighed. "I-It's Ashland..." Alfred's expression became alot more serious. "What happened?" "Pr-Prussia's been attacking h-her..." Alfred became shocked. "For how long? Do you want me to help?" Mathew shook his head. "I'm n-not sure, eh." "Mattie... I'm so sorry..." He shook his head again. "N-No, it's fine, eh." "Where is my little niece anyways?" "At her house I-I'm assuming... Sh-she barely g-goes out a-and now I kn-know why..." Alfred sighed. "Mattie stop. You're doing it again." Mathew looked up. "W-What do you mean, eh?" " You know what, you're blaming yourself again." Alfred said firmly. "I-I am not." "Really, dude?" Canada looked down. "It is my fault though... I-I knew sh-she wasn't ready t-to be independent. She should've came h-home permnantely a-after she a-attempted suicide, eh." "Mattie... That was the week after you tried and she never knew about you." Mathew tensed. "Th-That's right..." "Why did you even do it?" Mattie shook his head at the question. "You'd never understand, eh. Y-You're the hero..." Alfred smiled softly and tilted up his little brother's head. "No. You're the hero." Mathew's eyes widened. Did Alfred just say he's not the hero? And I am? "W-What?" "You heard me, let's go see Ashland, okay bro?" Mathew smiled and agreed.

   Russia woke up before Ashland, she was in a tight ball against him. She was shivering in her sleep even though it was warm in the house and she was under three blankets. She made a small sound and shifted. "No... Papa..." She said in her sleep and moved closer to Russia. Russia held her close but didn't wake her up, not wanting to interrupt whatever she was dreaming about. "Pr-Prussia... No... Not true!" She yelled as she jumped awake. She gasped for breath and held her head. "Ashtin... Are you alright?" She took her hands off her head and smiled softly at Russia. "VI'm f-fine." He sat up pulled the tiny country close. "Are you sure, da?" "I-I just h-had a v-v-veird dream a-as all." He kissed her head and looked down at her. "Do you want to talk about it, da?" She tensed and became a small ball in his arms. "P-Papa was d-d-dying a-a-and Prussia w-was there a-a-and right before P-Papa died he...he..." She started to cry, Russia holding her closer. "What did he do, da?" She took a deep breath and shuddered. "H-H-He said th-that he w-was my f-father..." Russia looked down at her. Prussia? Her father? That would be very odd, da. But.... She looks alot like him though. Her hair and skin, her eyes are purple but she very well may have gotten them from whomever her mother was. She acts alot like Canada though but she has lived with him all of her life, da. "Ashland, you do look him, very much." Ashland shook her head quickly. "No! I look nothing like that bastard!" She immediately covered her mouth, realizing what she had said. Why did I say that?! That's a word you're not supposed to say, stupid! Stupid country! Papa would be mad that you used that word! She blushed and burried her face in her hands. "Ashtin, what's wrong, da?" She looked up, her cheeks bright red. "I-I said something I-I-I shoudn't have!" "Bastard? Wait... Have you ever cursed before, da?" Ashland shook her head making Russia laugh. "Bastard is barely a curse word, da!" He laughed. She blushed even more. "I'm sorry Ashtin, it's very cute." "C-Cute? Vow so?" "You're so innocent, da! It's rather adorable!" He said hugging her tightly. She giggled as he hugged her. "Innocent like a sunflower, da!" "Sanflowers? I lave sanflowers!" Ashtin beamed. "They're everywhere in Ashland!" Russia smiled. "Really? Can I see, da?" "S-Sure!" She said, rather surprised that anybody would actually want to see her country, well now it was also part of his. Russia stood up and put his shoes and coat back on. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair to fix it. Ashland put her coat back on and ran her fingers straight down through her long white hair. She jumped down from the bed and took Russia's hand. I think we'll go the long way so he doesn't see them until we're on the big hill out back! She took his hand and went the long way and since she had no clue how to drive they walked the entire way.