1

The waves crashed against the shore, the heat was beating down on my shoulders. We were on our 'once in a lifetime' school trip in Hawaii. Everyone's here. I sat on the sun chair reading 'the hunger games', as my best friend Jasmine was sunbathing beside me. The sky was blue and the sea was crystal clear, the scent of salt water surrounded me. I felt amazing. Jasmine and I had just finished our lemonade and a whole pack of chocolate chip biscuits. Everything was great until Olivia walked by.
"What sort of bikini is that Megan?" She said, looking down on me with disgust. I was wearing a dark purple bikini that was a couple of years old. "That bikini is just so last year," Olivia added. She was wearing a light pink and white striped bikini with sequins at the top. "You like it? You must do, it's limited edition." Jasmine sat up, anger in her eyes.
"Megan and I wouldn't buy that if it was the last bikini in the world! Just leave us alone!" She shouted. Olivia jolted back and walked off with her head held high. I looked at Jasmine.
"How did you do that?" I asked.
"Do what?" She looked confused.
"Like, shout at her, nobody's ever done that to Olivia." Jasmine smiled.
"You can't let people take control of you. Now come on, let's go in the sea!" Her face lit up as we ran across the burning sand, a mix of gold and yellow dust that surrounded us.
"Ow ow ow!" I cried. Jasmine laughed at me, we dived in. The sea was cool and refreshing. I looked under the water and glittery silver fish surrounded us. The sand was in between my toes. I picked up a pink shell and we lifted ourselves above the water. "Jasmine, look at this," I exclaimed. My hair flew about in the wind.
"That's so cool, do you think there are any more down there?" She asked. I thought about it for a second.
"Maybe, Mrs Karswey said that the prettiest shells are in the deeper part of the sea. You up for going further out?" Jasmine looked scared. Her face went pale and she looked like she was about to throw up. I knew what she was thinking.
"but there are sharks in the deep water," she hesitated. And I'm right again! I thought to myself.
"It's fine, I promise," I replied. "Come on we can go down there together." I took her hand and we swam further out.