4

I got changed into my red pyjamas and platted my brunette hair. Olivia came out of the bathroom in pink pyjamas, pink slippers and a pink eye mask.
"Do you have to be that pink? There are other colours you know," I exclaimed. She looked at me with disgust.
"You're just jealous, pink is the colour that all the boys like on a girl," she said. Olivia walked over to the double bed and put her scatter cushions and a pink blanket on it. "You two can sleep down there." She pointed to the floor, then chucked  down cushions and blankets.
"But that's not fair!" Said Jasmine.
"Yes it is, double bed for me, floor for you two," she replied. Jasmine opened her mouth to say something back, I grabbed her arm.
"It's not worth it Jas," I whispered to her.
"Fine," she sighed. "Anyway, I need to go to the toilet." As she went off, I sorted out our 'beds'. Olivia was lying down playing on her iPhone, then I heard a bang.
"Jas? Is everything okay?" I asked her through the door.
"No, can I have some help please?" I came in and she had a tail. Her red mermaid tail. My jaw dropped.
"Oh my gosh what happened?" She looked at me.
"Can I have some help first please," she said. I dragged her out to our beds and placed extra cushions underneath her head.

After she got her legs I made us both a hot chocolate and sat on the small sofa while Olivia got her 'beauty sleep'.
"So what happened?" I asked her. The smell of Olivia's One Direction perfume still lingered in the air.
"Well I went to wash my hands and then..." She paused. I had an idea.
"Whenever we touch water we turn into mermaids! I get it now!" She looked at me with fear.
"Don't be crazy."
"I'm not, what do you think that light was all about?" She paused herself for a second.
"That means we can't go anywhere near water," she said with disappointment. She took a sip of hot chocolate. "Stick together?" She asked. I looked at her and smiled.
"Always."