2

We couldn't touch the bottom. It felt incredible. Our legs hung there like underwater chandeliers. We could see the waves lapping on the shore nearby and soon a pink speedboat came rushing past us making waves with its engine, It had blue and white Dolphins on the side and some lights along the top. I swallowed a mouthful of seawater and started coughing. Jasmine just laughed.
"Well done Megan!" She giggled. The speedboat came back for us and stopped. It was Olivia.
"What are you two lunatics doing out here?" She huffed. Jasmine and I looked at each other. "Well?" She crossed her arms.
"Nothing, just searching for shells that's all," I replied. "Come on Jas let's go." We took a deep breath and went under. I looked up and saw Olivia lean over the edge of the boat, she dived in after us. Fish swam around us and eventually we could see the bottom. There were shells everywhere. Olivia grabbed onto Jasmine's arm pulling herself down to the bottom with us. Then there was a light. A blinding light. My whole body was tingling with fear. I tried finding Jasmine and Olivia but they weren't there. The light disappeared, leaving us shocked and half blind. Olivia and Jasmine swam up to the top but I stayed at the bottom. Trying to find out what happened, but I couldn't hold my breath. I rose up to the top.
"Come on let's go to that nearby island," Jasmine insisted. "We can have a rest there."

We got out of the water. The island was sandy with a jungle in the middle. It was filled with colours of dark green and brown.
"What was that light?" Olivia asked, she was petrified.
"I don't know," I replied. We all stood in a circle of confusion. "Come on let's swim back to shore." Olivia looked at us with one of her 'I'm better than you' looks.
"I'm going on my speedboat," she smirked and looked out to where it was. Her jaw dropped. "Where is it?" We all looked out to sea but it wasn't there, it had disappeared.
"I don't know, I guess you're going to have to swim with us," I said. We ran into the water. The surface brushed against our cheeks before we went under. Suddenly I was surrounded by bubbles. I looked at Jasmine and Olivia and it was happening to them too. I could feel my legs go weak, then a tail appeared. A shimmering light purple tail. I felt a hollow feeling in my stomach. Jasmine had a burning red tail and Olivia green. I didn't know how to feel, it was like we were mermaids. We swam up to the surface of the water.
"What is this!" Cried Olivia. Her face red with horror.