Chapter 2: Hanging out with Ashton

Picture of Ashton Carter above

~M E L A N I E ' S P O V~

I ran into my room out of Ashton's grasp. I tried to hide my underwear that I had layed out for tomorrow. I like to have it ready so I can just jump out of the shower and put it on. I would plan my outfits, but I have a uniform.

I shoved my bras and underwear in my closet just as Ashton was walking in. Ashton ignored me and looked around my room. He opened his mouth slightly as if he was going to say something, but closed his mouth.

"You haven't failed to surprise me." Ashton said quietly, still looking at my room.

Now, I'm band obsessed. My room was plastered with band posters and merchandise hanging on the walls and on shelves. I also had posters and merchandise from movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Yes, I'm a nerd.

The walls of my room are a light grey with a blue accent wall. I had a shelf right above my bed with my most prized possessions, signed band hats. Four of them to be exact. There was a Twenty Øne Piløts hat, Panic! At the Disco hat, Fall Out Boy hat, and a My Chemical Romance hat. Each hat was signed by all the members in that band. I'm very proud of it.

"So, do you like it?" I asked and he shifted his gaze onto me.

"Like it? I love it! These are my favorite bands." He said trying to hide his excitement.

"You like emo bands?" I asked surprised.

"What's the matter princess? Didn't expect the bad boy to like these bands." He with an amused smile.

"Bad boy?" I laughed a little. "You're the 'bad boy' of the school?" I asked again still laughing.

"What? You don't believe me?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"The fact that you called yourself a bad boy helps prove my point." I said rolling my eyes.

He plopped down on my bed. "Just quoting what others call me babe." He said with an amused smirk on his face.

"Babe? Princess? What is with is with the pet nicknames?" I asked trying to distract myself from the fact that my face starting heating up. Only a little.

"Waiting for one to stick." He had an amused smirk on his face. He glanced over to a bunch of black curtains.

The black curtains were the entrance to the mini recording studio I have. I make covers of songs. I sing and play the key boards/piano, drums, and the ukulele. I've never shown anyone. It also has bean bags. It can be a hangout area, but no one knows about it.

My mom doesn't know it exist. I only record when she's not home and she's almost never home. She's gotta stay at her job that makes us rich. It's ok though. I like being alone.

Ashton snapped me out my thoughts when he stood up and started walking over to my studio. I grabbed his hand and he spun around. I didn't know what to do, so I pulled him closer, but there was still plenty of space between us. He stepped closer making that space non existent. My heart started racing. No guy has done this before. He wrapped his hand around my waist.

"Does someone have a secret?" He whispered in my ear. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Please." I whispered. I opened my eyes and he was looking into mine. I wasn't ready to show anyone that. I started making music when my dad left. Memories of him came into my mind and my eyes were glistening with tears.

"Kids! Dinner's ready!" I heard my mom yell up the stairs.

I backed up out of his grasp. We stared at each other for a few seconds. I quickly turned and ran out of my room down the stairs. He chased after me. He caught up with me at the bottom of the stairs and grabbed my hand. He pulled me into a big bear hug.

I tried to blink back my tears but a couple got away. Ashton released me and wiped the tears away. He held my hand and we walked into the dining room with a smile on our faces. We were both really quiet during dinner. They had to leave to put Ashley to bed since it was already 8. I gave a small smile to Ashton when he nodded his head.

Dinner was over.

I told my mom I wanted to go to bed early, gave her a hug goodnight, then ran up to my room and shut the door.

I collapsed onto my bed. I turned my head to look out the window and saw Ashton pulling off his shirt. I gulped. He was muscular. He pulled down his pants and I bit my lip and turned my head away. It was creepy that I was just watching him.

I drifted off into my own thoughts for like 10 mins. I got up because I need to get out of this stupid uniform. Now I sleep in my sports bra and underwear with short shorts. What? I get hot in my sleep, but I have to have a blanket over me. Not sure why.

I pulled down my skirt and put on my shorts. I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off. I then took off tank top.

I turned around and saw Ashton staring at me through the window with his mouth open. I forgot about the damn window! I felt my whole face go red. I took a deep breath. I rolled my eyes. Back to my old self.

"Oh it's not like you haven't seen a girl strip before!" I stated. His eyes gazed up to mine. I walked to the window and closed the curtains. I smiled to myself.

Looks like we both got a show.

I plopped down on my bed and sleep over came me.

~M E L A N I E ' S D R E A M~

"Please don't leave, dad! I need to stay here with me!" I begged. He just got back and now he was leaving again. He looked at me with tears brimming his eyes.

"I don't want to leave either, baby, but I have to. It's orders and I'll get in trouble if I don't. I'll see you when I get back, ok?" He said while eloping me in a big hug. Tears were streaming down my face. I knew he couldn't promise his return.

"I love you." I whispered against his chest.

"I love you too baby girl. Remember to be a good girl. And please keep your innocence until you're at least 18." He said and we both chuckled. He pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"I promise dad. Promise you'll come back?" I said. I knew he couldn't promise that, but it was worth a shot. A tear streamed down his face.

"I promise. Now I gotta go. I love you. Keep your head up." He wrapped me in one big hug. I was full on crying right now. He pulled away and wiped my tears away while memorizing my face.

"Goodbye dad." I whispered.

"Goodbye Melanie."

-

-

-

Author~

Hey guys! Sorry to do that to you. I'm just trying to help make the story interesting. Lemme know if you like it so far!

COMMENT/VOTE

^-^E L E A N O R^-^