Chapter 1: School

~M E L A N I E ' S  P O V~

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

I hit the off button on my alarm. Yes, it takes me a while to wake up.

I was dreading today. It was the first day of high school. In other words, the first day of hell for the next year. I'm in 12th grade.

I got up and turned on my music as I jumped in the shower. When I got out, I put on my uniform. Oh yes. It's that kind of school. I had to wear a white, button up shirt; high waisted, black with white strip, fluffy, mid-thigh length, skirt; and black converse. At least the colors weren't bad.

I put on my makeup since I was allowed to wear that

I put on my makeup since I was allowed to wear that. I grabbed my back pack and headed out the door after I waved goodbye to my mom. I walked to school since it was close.

...

It was actually pretty easy to navigate my way through the school. I got a lot of stares. I kept wondering if it was my hair. It was more humid than I thought it was going to be and I have curly hair.

Great. My new nick name will be lion. That's not that bad though. That's AmazingPhil's nickname.

I smile to myself thinking about him. Dan and Phil. Call me a fan girl.

My thoughts were interrupted when I walked into someone. And I could tell it wasn't just someone by the silence in the hall that followed.

I looked up to see a guy standing there. He was really hot. He was looking at me as if I beautiful, but nothing. "S-sorry" I stuttered.

He looked at me up and down before he spoke. "It's okay, princess." He finally said. "Melanie. Not princess." I corrected him. I think I heard someone gasp. Dramatic much?

He did a small snort. "I'm Ashton, Melanie." He emphasized my name. Now everyone thinks I'm a princess. Great.

I turned to walk in the cafeteria and searched for a place to sit. I saw an empty table. I just had to wonder if it was for populars, like Ashton. I saw a table with only a couple people there. I quickly made my way over.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked a guy. He snapped his attention from his food to me and shook his head. I sat down. "Thanks." He smiled at me. He kept his attention on me after I sat down, but I chose to ignore his gaze.

I'm a really shy person, but I wanted to have someone to talk to, so why not?

'What's your name?" I finally asked. "Dylan. And your Melanie, right?" He answered. I looked at him confused. "We have a couple classes together and everyone is talking about your run-in with Ashton. He always calls a girl he wants princess and you corrected him." He explained.

"Great. Just what I need on my first day." I huffed. Dylan chuckled. "Well, if you reject him, then everyone will talk about you for what'll seem like ages."