Chapter 3: Cornered

Picture of Melanie Cress

~M E L A N I E ' S  P O V~

"Melanie!"

I heard a voice and squirmed in my sleep.

"Melanie!" The voice said again.

I jolted up covered in tears. I panted heavily for a minute. Someone placed their hand on my shoulder and I snapped my gaze to the person.

I saw Ashton sitting next to me on my bed with concern covering his face.

"W-what are y-you doing here?" I whispered still out of breath.

"You were screaming and crying so loud I heard you and I didn't want you to wake anyone else up." He said with his eyes locked on mine.

"Oh... thanks." Out of the bottom of my eye, I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. I tried to keep my head up and distract my thoughts.

Pizza. Cats. Dogs. Cake. Nachos. Giant pretzels. Bagel bites.

Bite...

NO! I looked at Ashton to see his eyes wondering over my body as my blanket was on the floor. Remember, I went to bed in a sports bra and short shorts. Since he was distracted, I thought I could take a peak.

Brown hair. Sharp jaw line. Hazel eyes. Full pink lips. Kinda muscular. Defined v-line.

Wow...

I looked up to see him still staring at my boobs. I sighed and he quickly looked at me. He muttered something under his breath that I didn't catch.

We sat there in silence for what seemed like 10 minutes, but it was probably only like 30 seconds.

Ashton cleared his throat. "So uh... what were you dreaming about?" Ashton said braking the silence.

I looked down and my eyes filled with tears threatening to spill. I didn't want to talk about it. Not now. Not ever. I hadn't even known him for that long! Don't blame me.

"Uh.. you know... typical serial killer dream."  I muttered.

He gave me a skeptical look. I don't think he bought it so I avoided all eye contact at all cost. I guess he knew I didn't want to talk so he didn't push it. Instead, he chuckled. He stood up and kissed my head.

I froze. Why did he do that? It was nice though. I felt tingles go through my head down to my finger tips. His nice plumb lips left a burning feel when he pulled away. I looked up at him. My eyes kinda wandered his body in my train of thought. I'm a hormonal teenager. Sue me!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Ashton laugh.

"Checking me out, babe?"

I blushed, but quickly replied to cover it. "What? Me check you out? Ha! In your dreams."

"Oh trust me," He said walking closer and leaning down to my ear. "You are in my dreams doing lots of things."

Once again, I froze. My eyes were wide.

Before he pulled away, he put his hand under my bra strap and pulled it down off of my shoulder. He chuckled as he pulled away and left out the window to his house.

I flopped back down on my bed and groaned in frustration. I looked over at my clock. It was 4 am. I needed to up for school by 6. I pondered weather or not I'd be able to wake up. I'm a very deep sleeper.

As I was debating on what to do, sleep over came me and I was out.

********

"MELANIE!"