Chapter Six

Jai’s POV

*The Next Morning*

Mum had told me that Luke was in hospital, I wasn’t going to visit him. I could hardly move because of him.

“I’m just going into town to get a few things, you need to get dressed, and I’m not leaving you by yourself” Mum said walking into the living room where I was laid across the sofa.

“I don’t want to go, it hurts using my crutches and my legs really heavy” I complained

“It’s not for long”

“Well why can’t I stay?”

“Because I said so, be ready in fifteen minutes or I’ll drag you out on your pyjamas.”

“Fine” I sighed getting up of the sofa. I threw some baggy clothes on and cleaned my teeth and did my hair. I met Mum in the hallway and got into the car.

I followed her around town for ages, it was so boring. She finally got everything she needed. We got in the car and drove home. I went straight to my bed and played fifa. Mum came in and started putting stuff into a bag.

“Mum I can’t see” I moaned when she stood in front of the TV.

“Tough, come on, we’re going to the hospital to see Luke” She said putting the last of his clothes in a bag.

“No, I don’t want to see him; I hate him” I snapped not looking away from the TV.

Mum got really angry at me for saying that, she snatched the Xbox controller out of my hands,

“YOU DON’T SAY THAT” She screamed “I know what he did to you and I’ll sort it but your brother, your twin brother, died last night. He was lying on the sofa for five minutes not breathing, can you imagine how you’d have felt if the ambulance hadn’t come in time and he’d died” She shouted right in my face. I sat there in stunned silence, I felt really horrible now.

Mum picked up his bag and left the house slamming the front door behind her. I really wanted to see him now but I couldn’t get there myself, it took half an hour in the car so there was no way I could walk there with a broken ankle.

Luke’s POV

“Can you lift your left arm?” The nurse asked me as I half lifted it because I had no energy

“And your right please” I did the same small lift.

“Right okay, everything seems okay for the moment” she said writing something down. She put my oxygen mask back on and then left me by myself.

I sighed and looked across the empty room, Beau had to leave early because he had work, I don’t think Mum was coming and Jai certainly wouldn’t. I carried on flicking through channels when the door opened. My heart missed a beat, my Mum was here.

 No wait, it was another doctor.

He lifted up my top and put his cold stethoscope on my chest and listened to different parts of my chest.

The door opened again, I didn’t even look up; I’d given up hoping for my Mum.

“Ah Ms Brooks, your son seems to be okay, he should be able to come home in a week or so” The doctor said taking the cold stethoscope off me and pulling my top back down again.

My eyes widened as I saw my Mum in the room. The doctor left and she put a bag of clothes on the end of the bed for me. She sat down on the seat next to my bed and just looked at me.

“We need to talk about some things” She said calmly. I looked at her, giving her my full attention.

“Why have you been lying to me?” She asked sounding hurt, I didn’t know which lie she was talking about so I waited for her to explain.