Chapter Nine

I know I say this every single time but I'm sorry it's so late, I don't actually have an excuse, I just kind of forgot, sorry again

*Cue something funny that everyone else puts at the start but I can't*

Sorry I'm really bad at these so just ignore this.

Luke's POV

*A few days later*

I just felt like I wanted to cry. I still felt awful and Mum had to help me with everything, it was so embarrassing, she said she didn't mind but I did.

Jai was at school and Beau was at work so it was just Mum at home. She was the only person that talked to me these days, Beau was always at work or busy and Jai had made it clear he didn't want to talk to me. I actually couldn't wait to get back to school.

"LUKE!" My Mum called from the kitchen

I groaned as I heard her footsteps getting closer probably coming to try and force feed me another meal.

"What do you want for tea?" She asked me for the fourth night running

"I don't know" I replied "Whatever"

"Fine" She sighed and walked out. I felt sorry for her having to look after me and I was being really grumpy about it.

I lay back down in bed watching TV until someone came in but no one would.

Mum came in with my tea after a while and put it on the side.

"Here you go" She said cheerily and then left.

I picked up the bowl of mash potato, beans and sausages then started to eat it.

I spent the rest of the night by myself.

*************************

'Another day of isolation' I thought to myself as I woke up and faced the familiar view of the ceiling.

I sighed and waited for Mum to come in like she did every morning at 8am exactly to give me my breakfast.

It was the same every morning.

Mum woke up at 7 and came in to say morning then Jai and Beau woke up at 7:30. Beau got ready for work and left at 8:30 so he had time to drop Jai off as well. Mum came in at 8 and gave me my breakfast, then cleaned up the breakfast things Beau and Jai got out. After that Mum cleaned and sorted out the washing then got started on tea.

I know it seems very boring but that was all I had to do all day, I'd seen every episode of the big bang theory at least 18 times because watching TV was all I could do.

Mum in with my breakfast right on cue and left it on the bedside table, I wasn't hungry so I left it. She came back in half an hour later.

"Why haven't you eaten it?" She asked

"Not hungry" I mumbled

"Come on Luke you must be, you won't get better if you don't eat"

"I'm fine" I snapped and rolled over in bed.

Instead of leaving me alone she came and sat down on the bed next to me and put her hand on my back

"I know you're fed up Luke but it's not for much longer, you've got a lot more colour than you did when you first came home"

"What?" I was too tired to think about what she just said

"You're not as pale" She explained

"I'm not hungry Mum honestly"