Chapter 2

Jared----------------------------->

There is no way in the world that dude can be my mate. It was unheard of for shifters and vampires to mate with each other. The pack taught us that you could only mate with your own species, mine being a werewolf. The vampire was really cute though. Definitely someone I would choose to be my mate but he was really rude.

Enough of the thinking, I was hungry. After my first shift at seventeen, I had the largest appetite. Since they were serving my favorite, I was going to get a good helping of chicken. I adjusted my black framed glasses and entered the cafeteria. It was fairly packed due to the cold weather. I made my way to the lunch line and quickly grabbed my meal. I sat down at my usual table, as far away from the noisy people. 

I pulled out my laptop and aimlessly searched for nonsense. As I was eating, I could feel eyes on me, boring a whole into my head. It was quite annoying because it was like a itch I couldn't scratch. I turned around thinking whoever was watching me would turn away. The person who was staring at me was none other than my vampire mate. Is he following me? Wasn't he going the opposite direction?  I turned around quickly so that I didn't get lost in his beautiful eyes. I went back to my lunch, giving up on the situation. It would never work... As I was eating, I started to pull on my sandy brown curls, a natural habit I picked up when I got nervous.

The vampire's scent was growing stronger by the second but I just thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. That was until I felt a presences beside me. I looked up and he was standing right beside me, staring at me. Can you say awkward? Wiping my mouth of any crumbs, I stared intently at the guy standing before me. He had on a well fitted, navy blue sweater over a baby blue button up and dark blue jeans. He has good taste in clothes. 

"Can you stop staring, it's rude." I said. Where did that come from? I never talked to anyone like that. Suprisingly, he laughed. It was a cute laugh, not a weird or loud laugh, just normal.

"I'm sorry for staring and I'm also sorry for being blunt earlier. May I take a seat?" He gestured to the open seat before me. I guess it wouldn't hurt. I nodded and sat down in the seat in front of me. He wasn't as intimidating as he was when he was standing. My 5'5'' height made everyone intimidating though.

"What's your name?" 

"Um, it's um, H-Halyn." I said, blushing at my stuttering. I returned my attention back to my baked chicken. I hate being shy sometimes, it put a real damper on conversations.

"Well, my name is Jared. It's nice to officially meet you." He held out a hand for me to shake. I smiled and moved my hand to shake his. Just when my hand met his, I heard something. 

Don't screw this up! Don't scare her away! I yanked my hand back, eyes wide open now. That was not suppose to happen. 

"I have to tell you something but it may not be surprising... I'm a werewolf." Might as well be honest and straightforward.

"I already knew that by your scent. Tell me something though, this connection we have, do you feel it too?" So he felt it too, that means I'm not insane. 

"Yeah, we're mates. Shifter know their mates by eye contact but I don't know how we are mates. Vampires and Shifters are not known to mate with each other." I said, explaining the situation. 

"It's unusal for a vampire to have a soulmate at all. We vampires have partners, someone you purposely choose but I'm lucky enough to have a true mate. What does our situation mean anyway?" 

"I guess we are special." I said with a shrug. Too much information in a short period of time has me a little fried. He leaned back into the seat and stared at me. I don't really like being the center of attention and all of his attention was focused on me.

I slowly ate bites of my food with his eyes still on me.

"What are you staring at?! Just say something!" I'm getting bolder by the minute. 

"I was just thinking how we should go on a date tonight to get to know each other better." He said with a smirk on his face. My eyes were wide with shock at his cockiness.

"That's a little bold don't you think?" 

"I want to know you better Halyn. Give me your number and I will call you later." I wrote down my number on a piece of paper and gave it to him. He slipped it into his pocket with a smile on his face. Jared got up but turned around facing me. He picked up my hand, laying a kiss on it.

Beautiful...

A huge smile spread across my face and I grabbed a piece of hair to twirl my finger around. He walked away, heading for the exit. I have never been on a date before, ever. What am I suppose to wear? Where are we going to go for the date? What do I do? So many questions. At times like this, I really wish that I had best friend to help me with these things. 

*******************************************♥***************************************************

This chapter was kind of short but the next chapter is in Jared's POV.

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE :D