Chapter 5

Sorry for the long wait but I haven't really been interested in this story. I'm going to start back on it though. This is a filler chapter just to get me started but enjoy!!

"I guess going out to dinner with you wasn't a huge mistake. That story about the monkeys was hilarious. I mean, who knew they were that vicious." I said laughing. I haven't laughed like this for a long time. It was almost foreign to me.

"If you were caged up for years and was finally released, I bet you would have attacked the first person you see." I stared into his chocolate brown eyes. 

"I'll just call the waiter over and we can go. I'll pay." I said.

"No, no, no. How would I look letting the woman pay? I have it this time. If you want to pay next time, that's up to you." He said with a smile. I didn't miss the part where will be going on another date. Was this a date? If two friends go out to dinner, is that a date? Halyn, don't get twisted over nothing.

The waitor came over, giving me a flirtacious look. He's been doing all throughout dinner and I could tell Jared didn't like that at all. Maybe it came with the mate territory.

"Did everything taste up to par?" He said, focusing his attention solely on me. I was flustered. I wasn't use to male attention.

"Uh, yeah, it was good. Jared, did the grilled chicken taste okay?" He didn't actually eat it, I did. I bet not having an appetite for humam food sucked.

"It was okay, could have been better." He said glaring at the waitor who was oblivious to the insult.

"If that is all, here's the check." The waitor strutted off. He was full of it.

"He's not getting a tip." Jared said.

"Don't be a douche Jared. He was just flirting, harmless flirting." I said putting my hand on his. I actually called him a douche. He is bringing out my bad side in me which may be a good thing.

"You called me a douche." I shrugged. After leaving the money, we both left the restaurant. He drove me back to my apartment.

"I had a good time tonight. Thanks for showing me the town." We got out and he walked me to my door. Before I could say anything further, he kissed me. I've had nothing to compare this kiss to but this was beyond amazing. I hesistantly placed my arms around his neck which deepened the kiss more. His hand softly caressed my face. After standing there and making out for about five minutes, I put my hands on his chest and broke away. I then rested my forehead against his chest. I had to control my breathing.

"How are we suppose to remain friends when you kiss me like that?" I whispered. He took hold of my chin and looked me in the eye.

"That's the point." He smiled, pecked me on the lips and walked away. I'm in trouble.