Chapter 8: Escape is Futile

I went to work the next day, hoping Goldie would just leave me alone. I was planning on telling Freddy about this whole situation but I was also afraid of what Goldie would do to me if I did say anything. So I made the choice to keep quiet. I made sure to keep my sleeves covering my arms so the bruise wouldn't show. I just hoped no one would ask or even notice the small change. 

When I walked into the pizzeria, Goldie was waiting by the door. He smirked at me before coming close to me and whispering in my ear.

"So, will you tell me?" he whispers softly.

"It's none of your business," I replied just as softly. He pinched the arm with the bruise and I winced.

"Good luck getting through work today." And with that, he left to set up for the first birthday party we had today. 

I rubbed my arm and sighed. There was gonna be a lot of pain I had to endure today. I could feel it. Literally. I went about my business normally and had no problems until it was almost time to open the pizzeria. Goldie called me into the backroom to 'talk.' I knew I was gonna get more pain added to my bruised arm. It was just a matter of time. Nonetheless, I went to the backroom with the Freddy's asshole brother. He immediately pinned me to a wall and punched me in the gut. He moved quick so I had no time to defend myself. I felt the wind get knocked out of me and I collapsed to the floor when he let me go. He glared down at me, and I knew exactly what he was gonna ask.

"Are you going to tell me now?"

"N-no..."

I could barely breathe, never mind talk. But Goldie didn't seem to care as he kicked me. I could feel my body bruising again and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to walk around normally. Goldie just smiled evilly before leaving me on the floor. I stayed there for a few minutes before catching my breath and getting up. It hurt to stand up straight so I was hunched over a bit. I struggled to walk out of the room and Freddy was right outside the door. He smiled when he saw me.

"Oh, hey. I was about to check on you. You were gone so long, I thought you got lost in the backroom," he says with a soft, sweet laugh. He then noticed how I was standing and his smile faded into a frown. "Hey, you okay, Bon?"

"Yeah... I'm fine," I said. I didn't want him to worry about me so I just walked past him. However, Freddy wasn't about to take that. He quickly grabbed my bruised arm and pulled me back to which I winced and squeaked in pain. He immediately began rolling up my sleeve, his beautiful blue eyes widening when he sees the bruise. 

"What happened, Bonnie? This looks like someone grabbed your arm really tightly," he says. "Please, be truthful with me."

I stared at Freddy, tears forming in my eyes. I couldn't stand it and I just wanted to make this all end.

"Goldie..." I whispered.

Freddy growls and pulls me into a hug. He gently pet my head, keeping me close. I couldn't take it anymore and began crying into his chest. Chica and Foxy walked over, wondering what had happened. When they saw me crying, they immediately tried to comfort me with Freddy. Chica rubbed my back and Foxy was telling me everything was going to be okay. Freddy told them to find Goldie however when they came back, they reported Goldie was nowhere to be found. I had stopped crying by then but I clung onto Freddy. I didn't want to let go, nor did I want to be taken from him. Freddy sighs and looks around, his eyes scanning the room. He was going to close the pizzeria however he decided against it since there were birthday parties to attend to. Freddy brought me to the bathroom so I could calm down completely and fix my appearance so no one would suspect that I was crying. The pizzeria opened and the day went as it normally does. I acted happy the whole day and eventually, seeing all the children's happy faces made me smile for real. I seemed to have forgotten what had happened earlier. However, once the day ended and we had to go home, I panicked and started crying again. Freddy comforted me again, holding me tightly.

"I don't wanna be alone tonight... What if he's in my house?" I whisper between sobs. Freddy sighs.

"How about you come home with me then?" he asks. I looked up at him and smiled slightly. He returned the smile and gently wiped my tears away.

"Can I go get Buddy first?" Freddy nodded and we said goodbye to Foxy and Chica. We went to my house and Freddy stayed by me as I got Buddy and a change of clothes. I carried the bag and my puppy, going back to Freddy. Before we left, I saw a note on my fridge. It read:

'Escape is futile, little rabbit.'

I shrieked and buried my face in Freddy's chest. Buddy whimpered and licked my hand trying to calm me down as well. 

"Don't worry, Bonnie. I won't let my brother hurt you anymore. You can live with me for a few days if it makes you feel safe," he says. I felt so happy that Freddy was such a nice man and my love for him only grew. He looked down at me and smiled reassuringly. I smiled back and I felt my heart skip a beat. He brought me to his house and I let Buddy roam free to explore the place. Freddy brought me to a guest bedroom he had and I put my stuff in it. He made some dinner for the two of us and gave Buddy a small bowl of cooked chicken he didn't use. We ate, talking about work and my guitar skills. He wanted to make some new songs for the pizzeria and he asked for my help. We would work on the songs tomorrow though since we were both exhausted. We both went to bed however I couldn't sleep, even with Buddy curled up beside me. I picked up Buddy who growled from being woken up. I walked to Freddy's room and frowned.

"Freddy?" I whispered. He groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Bonnie, you okay?" he asks.

"I can't sleep... Can I... stay with you?"

"... Sure. Come on." He motions for me to lay beside him and I did. I curled up under the covers and Buddy curled into a ball near the foot of the bed. Freddy lays down and looks at me.

"Get some sleep, okay?" he says. I nodded and closed my eyes, falling asleep. I felt Freddy lazily put an arm around me as we slept and I smiled. That night, I didn't have a single nightmare where Freddy didn't save me.