Over it

Josh: "Can I talk to you?"
Farkle started to pull me away. I looked at him and nodded. Farkle's eyes saddened, but he let go of my hand. He walked over to the car. I pulled my arm out of Josh's grip, and I looked at him.
Josh: "How have you been?"
Me: "That's what you want to talk about?"
He nodded. I signed annoyed.
Me: "I'm fine, I'm used to people leaving, besides it's not like we really know each other anymore."
His eyes went wide.
Josh: "Maya about that night, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."
Me: "Kissed me? Yeah, I know, but it doesn't matter, I'm over it. I had a crush, I grew up. I'd rather forget it happened. Good luck with school, I'm glad your doing well."
His eyes were wide and his expression was startled.
Josh: "Maya, I miss being friends with you.. I...."
Me: "I have my friends, you and me, we haven't been friends for years."
He signed annoyed.
Josh: "I can tell."
Me: "What?"
Josh: "Farkle, he's acting like he's in love with you."
Me: "Farkle is my best friend, he's been there for me through everything. Him and Riley are the only 2 people that I completely trust. They love me and I love them, that's what it means to be friends with someone. There's no point in us being friends, you have your life, I have mine, leave it at that."
His eyes widened, and his expression turned pained.
Josh: "Maya, I'm sorry for everything, I....."
Me: "Just forget about it, I'm fine, really, I'm over it. Bye Josh."
I felt tears in my eyes. I quickly turned around and walked away. I wiped my eyes before I got to the car. Riley was sitting in the middle with Lucas and Farkle was sitting in the back. Riley looked at me and her eyes widened. She motioned to get up. I shook my head. I sat in the back with Farkle and he looked at me worried. I smiled sadly and leaned my head against his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his head against mine. He grabbed my hand with his other hand. I relaxed. After a few minutes, I fell asleep. I woke up feeling a hand on my arm. I heard someone calling my name. I recognized the voice.
Farkle: "Maya, we're here."
I opened my eyes. He was looking at me sadly. Everyone was already out of the car.
Farkle: "You feeling better?"
I nodded and pulled my hand out of his. I got out of the car and he followed.
Farkle: "My dad is on his way, everyone went inside. Are you sleeping at Riley's tonight?"
I nodded. I didn't want to be around everyone, I wanted to lay in my bed and cry. I had to go, it was her Birthday, I wouldn't do that to her. I heard a honking sound. I looked. Farkle's dad was waiting in his car by the curb. I looked at Farkle. He was looking at me worried.