Truth

Josh: "M, Maya...."
Me: "I told you, Josh it's never been a stupid crush to me, I fell in love with you. I know you don't feel the same way, but I can't change how I feel."
I felt tears in my eyes and I tried to get up. He grabbed my hand.
Josh: "Maya, I, I'm sorry, I c, can't."
He looked upset and his hand was shaking a little. I felt the tears fall and I looked down.
Me: "I know, I, I h, have t, to....."
I pulled my hand out of his and made my way back to my room and inside. Riley was laying on my bed asleep. I sat on the floor beside the window and pulled my knees into my chest. I watched the snow falling. I held onto my legs and rested my head against my knees. I didn't know I could feel this much pain. My heart felt like it had been cut into. I'd kissed Josh, the feeling of his lips on mine. I didn't think anything could feel so perfect. That I could love someone so much. Now all I felt were sharp pains in my heart, I couldn't stop from crying. I bit my lip and cried softly. I got onto the window seat and laid down covering up with my throw blanket. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up feeling a hand shaking my arm. I opened my eyes and saw Riley standing beside me.
Me: "Riley, I'm tired, what....."
Riley: "The storm's over, the roads opened up."
Me: "Okay."
Riley: "We're going to the doctor's, I told my dad."
I stared at her wide eyed.
Me: "Why?"
Riley: "Because you're hurt, let's go, my dad's waiting in the car."
A 20 minute car ride, a lecture about how dangerous it was to hide an injury, and an X-ray later and I was waiting in an exam room. I had broken my ankle, and unfortunately I would have to wear a cast. After the doctor fixed me up with a hot pink cast, we drove back. Riley handed me my crutches while helping me out of the car and inside the building. The elevator ride was quiet. As we walked inside the house all eyes were on me. Josh looked at me worryingly, and took a step forward.
Amy: "Maya, honey are you feeling better?"
I nodded and forced a smile.
Me: "I'm okay, thanks Mrs. Matthews."
Amy: "I wish we didn't have to go so soon, but we were just waiting to say goodbye."
I felt sick. I nodded. She hugged me, then Mr. Matthews did.
Allan: "Josh get your bag, we'll meet you in the car."
His parents grabbed their bags and walked out. Josh walked over to me and looked at the floor.
Josh: "Maya, I....."
Me: "Bye, Josh."
I made my way toward Riley's room and inside. I sat at the window and leaned against it. I felt empty without Josh. But this is how it had to be, I just didn't know how long I could take this pain.