Chapter Nineteen

It shocked me quite a bit when I hear footsteps following behind me. I had half the mind to think that it was Harry but some tiny part of me hope that it wasn't which was obviously overruled by the parts of me that miss him like crazy.

I increased my pace and took a sharp turn in the corridor. What I didn't expect was a hand yanking my wrist back to stop me from walking away. The heat radiating between our touch was more than enough to tell me who it was.

"Let me go Harry." I said through gritted teeth not daring to turn to face him.

"Please, Adelaide I just want to sort things out." He pleaded, desperation evident in his tone.

"There's nothing to be sorted Harry. You said what you wanted to say and I've accepted it. Now will you please let me go?" My voice unintentionally cracked at the end. He tugged on my wrist causing me to spin around and face him. Oh how I've missed his beautiful face. Snap out of it!

"I didn't mean any of it, I swear! I would never hurt your feelings like that." I attempted to pry away from his grasp but failed miserably.

"Yeah well you did. Congratulations, want me to get you a medal and a certificate?" I scowled at him and his expression hardened.

"I'm serious Adelaide." He had such an intense look in his eyes that I didn't find the will in me to come up with another snarky remark. He took my silence as a cue to keep talking.

"I've regretted everything I said to you the minute you stormed out. You and I both know that we can't do this alone. We need each other and wether we like it or not, we have this weird pull between us Adelaide. You can't just ignore that." I searched his face for any sign of lie but I just couldn't. His eyes looked genuine and his voice was soft and tender.

"Alright, I forgive you Styles." He relaxed at my words and pulled me in for a hug that I didn't even know I was craving for until that moment. We pulled away from each other and he shocked me by leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead. There's that feeling again.

"But you're still going to have to make up for it." I tried to sound stern but a smile slipped, followed by a little laugh. Harry smirked at me momentarily and looked around the hall. He turned his attention back to me and placed both of his hands on the lockers behind me.

"Sure thing, love." He started to lean in slowly and I started to panic. I bent down and escaped under his left arm catching him off guard. He balanced himself and turned to look at me looking quite flustered yet a ghost of a smile lingered on his lips.

"Not in that way you twat." I glared at him playfully. He laughed and shook his head.

"So what do you want me to do?" He questioned me while putting his hands in his pockets.

"That I do not know yet but right now, I've got to get to class." I started to slowly walk backwards.

"The bell hasn't even rang yet!"

Ring! Thank the lord! I gave him a shrug and waved goodbye to him but not without throwing him a quick wink.