Thoughts of a Hopeless Romantic

Where will I find the one? Have I met him/her yet? How long will I wait for that magical moment where our eyes would lay on each other and our hearts would beat as one?
How romantic... eh?

Well, those are just some of the common questions that hopeless romantics are wondering about. And let us be honest, we've been through that stage. Or perhaps, we are still lingering on that particular point of our life where we are daydreaming of being with THE ONE.

We, single Christians, have always been taught to WAIT FOR THE RIGHT PERSON AT THE RIGHT TIME. Yes, I strongly agree with that statement, but oftentimes, we tend to imprison ourselves with the thoughts of finding him or her.

Take this for instance, you hang out with friends and there's a newbie. Good-looking, smart, seems nice, and SINGLE. And there's that bulb on your head that lights up and tells you that that's the one. Eventually, the attraction fades. Then, you meet another person and the bulb starts to light again. And the circumstances seem to repeat. Aren't you tired of assuming that every single person you met could potentially be the one? Or dress up yourself because you might meet him/her along the way? Or be overly nice to everybody because you might attract that person?

If we focus only on that perspective, we'll have a tunnel vision and we'll forget that this world where we live in is huge and there's so much that's needed to be done.
Ladies and gents, let us not forget our priorities... Who do we live for?

According to John 13:7, God is doing something for us, we may not understand what it is for now, but, eventually everything will be clear. Let us surrender these hopeless romantic thoughts to Him, because He knows way better. So for the meantime, let us live for Him, try to think and become more like Him and make ourselves better. Until then, the perfect moment that you've been waiting for will happen and it will surely be unstoppable.

May Psalm 119:37 be our prayers... "Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in Thy way."