Untitled Part 6

"Ok now the biggest thing to remember is your powers are connected to your emotions. So if your emotions are all chaotic than your powers aren't going to work the way you want them to. Now for your first task I want you to concentrate on pulling a rock from the bottom of the lake. Just concentrate, clear your mind and picture the rock coming out of the lake and floating above the water," Dean explained.

"Ok I'll try my best." I closed my eyes, took a deep breath in, and out. I started to feel all my worries and thoughts drift out of my mind. I pictured being at the bottom of the lake and grabbing a rock out of the mud. I saw it slowly start to float to the top of the water. I opened my eyes to see a bunch of rocks floating above the water. "Wow." Than in an instant I heard Dean yell behind me. I looked back at him with his hand held out pointing out at the lake.

"Look out!" I turned around to see the dozens of rocks flying towards Dean and I. We collapse to the ground in enough time to dodge the rocks as they flew past us and ran into the trees around us and dropped to the ground.

"Sorry I must have lost my concentration," I explained with an apologetic smile.

"Well you're definitely more powerful than I expected." Dean expressed, with the same shocked expression on his face that I did.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked scared that it was the exact opposite.

"I'm not quite sure yet. It depends if you can handle so much power or not. Not to freak you out or not but Archibald and I aren't training you for nothing. I didn't want to tell you this so soon but there isn't just good magick in the world. It also brings a lot of bad as well, and you will have enemies. That's why you need to take this seriously."

"Ok I get it. This is real and not just something from a fairytale. Magick can be evil."

"Well magick itself isn't bad, it's how people misuse it that makes it so dangerous. That's why you need training before just freely using your powers."

"Ok. Got it. I will not do anything stupid until I know what I'm doing and I get permission from you or Archibald."

"Good. Now try it again. This time don't picture anything you don't want to happen."

For the next few hours, we stayed at the lake practicing different techniques on how to clear my mind and concentrate on the object at hand. It was just getting to nightfall before I realized what time it was.

"Oh I have to go. Thanks for all the help. I'll see you tomorrow right? At the bus stop?" I asked hoping that we could do this again tomorrow.

"Yes I should be there a little bit before you. There shouldn't be any reason why we can't do this again tomorrow. I'll talk to Archibald to see if he would like to join us this time. Just don't tell him that we did this today because I'm not suppose to be training you without his consent," Dean explained.

"Don't worry. My lips are sealed." I made the motion of zipping my mouth shut and throwing away the key. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I ran off through the woods until I found the trail that we started on to originally get to the lake. I followed the trail back to the bus stop and from there I walked home.

 I hoped that my mom wouldn't know that I skipped school. I pushed open my front door and saw my mom and some other guy sitting at the dinner table. 

The strange guy had dark brown hair with golden tan skin and teeth brighter than a lit up christmas tree. He looked completely normal but there were dark colors surrounding him. There were black outline of his body and slowly faded into a dark grey.

 Something about him didn't sit right with me.