Chapter 3

The above picture is that of Mary Howard who is the mother/aunt of Catherine. Played by Scarlett Johansson. Hopefully you didn't notice how she's wearing the dress that she 'gave' Catherine. Oopsy.

Henry nods, instead of making everyone else leave, he stands up and starts walking out the room. He leads Mary to another room and closes the door.

"Who is she really?" He asks.

Mary played with her fingers and looked down at the floor. "She is my niece. Your daughter and Anne's."

Henry didn't even look angry, bit almost happy. "Does she know?"

"No my lord. And she should not know, or anyone else. Nobody should, You wouldn't want another daughter."

Henry now has a looks off question. "Why would I not? She was born and I couldn't stop it."

"My lord, Anne had her and sent her away the moment she was born because she did not want to upset you. The fact that I kept your child could be treason." Mary says.

"Now why would I do that. You are one of the most loyal people I know. You were there for me as a friend when I needed one."

Mary smiles, "Thank you my lord."

------------------------------------------------------

Catherine sits on the small chair in front of a mirror while Mary braids her hair and wraps it around her head. Catherine wears a light green ball gown in which the sleeves have slits that allow little fabric to peek out.

"You look beautiful Kate."

"Thank you mother."

"Catherine. There's something that you need to know." Mary starts talking and Catherine looks at her mother curiously, "Later today the king will single you out in the crowd, Catherine, you are his daughter."

Catherine looks understanding, "So you had me with him?"

"Oh Kate. You are not my daughter but my sisters. Anne Boleyn and the king are your parents."

"Wait. So you are telling me that I am royal. My dad is the king?"

"Yes Kate. He will announce it later. Don't tell anyone yet." Mary finishes.

Mary picks up her red dress and walks out of the room with Catherine.

This chapter is somewhat short. Sorry.......(whatever 😒)
I don't know how bad my grammar is but I will edit it after a couple more chapters.... Or when I finish the book.

Xoxo
Liliya_Evans_Snape