shallow love

He's doing it again. Avoiding my touches like I'm some kind of disease. This has been going on for the past month. I didn't even do anything wrong to him. I always tried to be good so that I won't be a burden.

"Jeonghannie ~" I called while trying to wrap my arms around him but he just simply wiggled out of my embrace.

"Not now Mingyu. I'm tired." He simply said.

I sighed, getting out of "our" bedroom and going to the couch.

We've been dating for a year and it never occurred to me that this kind of thing would happen to us. We were the perfect couple. Even people at the university said that we look cute together but now we're slowly crumbling apart.

The negativities that are trying to push their way to my mind are driving me insane so I decided to let sleep consume me.

--

The next morning I woke up to the quietness of our apartment. I went to the kitchen and noticed the food on the table with a note beside it.

I went out early since there's a lecture I need to attend. I cooked some food. You can just heat it in the microwave.

I sigh. We seldom see each other (other than at school) because he either goes out early or comes home late.

After eating and preparing I gloomily went to school.

--

I was at the cafeteria with my best friends Soonyoung and Wonwoo when I suddenly spotted my boyfriend with Choi Seungcheol. Again.

The students in the cafeteria were looking at me warily with pity visible in their eyes.

"Hey Mingyu? Are you and Jeonghan... you know. Okay?" Wonwoo asked, concern evident on his features.

"Yeah. We're fine." I wish we really are.

"But that Seungcheol is sticking to him like a fucking leech." Soonyoung angrily said.

"They're just friends." Friends. I'm having a hard time believing my own words.

"I know what's going on with you and Jeonghan right now, Mingyu. I know you two are not okay even though you said you are. You can't let him hurt you like this!" Soonyoung said, his tone softening.

"He's right, Mingyu. It's hard to see you in a facade all the time." I just nodded in response.

--

I was going home when I spotted Jeonghan at an alleyway kissing someone. And that someone is Seung fucking cheol. Tears started brimming in my eyes so I ran away as fast as I can, not thinking where to go.

What did I do to deserve this? I love him so fucking much! Hell, I can even give the whole world to him! I don't want this anymore. I don't want him to continue fucking up my whole being. He's always giving me pieces while I'm always giving him everything. No, I don't want this. I don't want this anymore!

Without noticing, I arrived at our apartment. I wasn't even thinking of this place. I don't even want to go anywhere near this place. I quickly went to our room with my suitcase. I hastily packed my clothes even though my eye sight is blurry with the tears that can't stop running.

When I got all of my things I finally went out, leaving this place I once called home.