CHAPTER 1 ~ WAITING GAME

I was currently sitting in my room by my self messaging my friends. My mum calls out "Amber dinners ready" Thats me, 16 years old with light brown hair, blue-grey eyes, and olive skin. "coming" I replied, I walked into the kitchen to see my 10 year old brother and 2 year old sister already causing trouble. I know such a big age difference, but apparently my sister was an accident. "guess whats for dinner?" my dad asks me "I don't know, what is it?" I say. "It's your favourite, bacon and egg pie" I smile as my mum walks towards the table and outs a huge serving of it infant of me. "Thanks mum" I dig in straight away.

After dinner both parents tell me to help with the dishes, so i clear the table while my brother and sister take off to wherever. I have always hated being the eldest, having to clean and help around the house all the time, while your siblings just bludge right in front of you. After the dishes are done my parents thank me and I start getting ready for bed. I do the usual stuff, have a shower, brush my teeth and put on my pyjamas.

I walk out into the living room and the news is on, I plonk down with my family and absorb what is going on around the world. The world has changed so much over the past couple of years. It has split into two halves, the richer half, and the poorer half. There is a massive fence that splits the two. Me and my family are on the poorer half, it doesn't necessarily mean you are poor, just less wealthy then the richer people. The rich people did that because they don't want the less wealthy people taking their supplies and such. So that's why we are split into two halves. It's showing on the news about all their new weapons that they have created. Guns, knives, swords they have it all .We have nothing like that, just the necessities we need to survive.

When that section of the news is over a flash appears on the screen. The news reporter comes in sight. "Breaking news has just been revealed. A member of our society was trading with the other half, and overheard them talking about an attack against us. He says they plan on going into war with us, because we have no hope against them. We don't know when this attack is, but we will keep everyone updated. That will be all." My whole family sits there in shock. "A war what are they thinking?" I suddenly blurt out. My father looks at me "Well Amber, it's not impossible, i mean they have weapons and we don't. All it would take is a mass bombing and we would all be wiped out." I sit there thinking we have no hope whatsoever, this is basically like the end of the world for us because all we can do right now is wait.