CHAPTER 6 ~ CONVERSATION

I am lying in my bed as everyone files in after training. Everyone except Blaze. Eliza runs straight towards me and jumps on my lap. I sit up "are you ok I saw you fighting" I smile at her "yeah I'm all fine, just a few bruises here and there" She remains seated in my lap just as Blaze walks in. He scans the room, and once he catches my eyes he walks towards me. "Can I speak to you?" His voice is much more calmer after what I have heard. I have to admit I'm a little scared. "Yeah, uh sure" Once I pulled Eliza off me, he started walking so I followed. He took me to outside the compound and he sat down on the concrete. "Sit down" he says and pats the spot next to him. I sit down and he speaks straight away, he looks at me with sorrow in his eyes. "I'm sorry if I hurt you before, it's just. Well really there is no excuse, but I have been through some hard things in my life, and well I guess it has changed me in a way." I really want to know what happened to him, but maybe it's too soon to ask. I mean I can't believe he is actually talking like a normal person. "Well if you ever need anything just know that I am here" We sit in silence for a bit. All of a sudden he starts chuckling over something. "What's so funny?" He faces me and says "that little girl, Eliza just can't get enough of you. It's just funny how she's so clingy onto you like your her own mother." I think about it for a minute. "Well I guess I am like her mother here, she said she did miss her mum so that's probably explains why she's so clingy." I was just about to ask him why he doesn't like to be called his real name until he stood up. "Well I best get going" and with that he took off leaving me outside with the company of the stars in the night sky.

I get up after a few minutes and make my way back to the cabin. I grab a spare change of clothes and head to the showers. I turn on the cold water and pull my hair out of its elastic. I stand under the water and wash my hair. I step out of the shower and quickly get changed before anyone comes in. I head over to my bed and sit down. Eliza sees me from her top bunk and hops down to sit with me, on my lap of course. Blaze looks at me from across the room and let's put a little smile. I laugh and hug her lightly "how have you been miss?" I say she laughs "good" She lets out a yawn "oh I see someone's tired" she nods her head and I pick her up onto her bed. She hops under the blankets and I tuck her in. Eliza looks at me "will my mummy and daddy be ok?" I don't know how to reply to that. "I'm sure they will be fine, if they're anything like you they will be as good as ever" she smiles and says "goodnight Ambs" I laugh at her little nickname for me "goodnight Liza" I hug her and proceed back to my bed at the bottom. I look over and see Blaze looking at his locket of what I think is his family. Well It must be he resembles the two adults extremely well. I am still watching him and am shocked when I see something that looks like a tear escape his eye. I stand up off my bed and walk towards him, and sit down at the edge of his bed. "Hey are you alright?" He looks at me hurt fully "go away I don't want to talk about it" I shake my head "but your clearly..." "I said LEAVE ME ALONE" I get the message and stand up to head back to my bed. I sigh and plonk down, I look at the clock 10:30 it's bedtime anyway. Blaze does the normal routine and stands up to turn off the lights. He flicks them off and walks back to his bed. I lay there staring at the bed above me because I know it will take me a while to fall asleep. Eventually my eyes become heavy and I drift off into a dream filled sleep.

I am back in my old house in the living room with my family watching TV. The door gets barged open, and two guys walk in with guns. They head over towards my parents and hold the guns to their head. I run over and shout "NO, NO DONT DO IT PLEASE" but it's too late, they pull the trigger and both my parents are dead on the floor. My brother walks over towards me and starts shaking me "Amber, Amber wake up" I then realise that it's not my brothers voice "Amber it's ok it was only a dream" I open my eyes and am immediately brought back to reality. My forehead is all hot and sweaty. I quickly jolt up and hit my head on the bunk. I am met by the stare of Blaze and he says "bad dream?" "Yeah my family was killed right infront of me" He smoothens down the top of my hair, and runs his hand to the bottom and curls my already curled hair at the ends. I look at him "what's the time?" "2:30" I shake my head "there's no way I will be able to get back to sleep now" He smiles and says "I think I know something that will" I am confused until he lifts up the covers and slides in next to me. It's only then did I realise that he was shirtless. I blush a bit at the sight. It's only a single bed, so yeah you could say that we were squished. We are facing each other, me staring into his green eyes, and him staring into my blue ones. He says "try and get some sleep" I nod my head and close my eyes, falling asleep instantly by his presence. I start to dream again and this time they are of him. It's then when I realise that I do like Blaze. The mysterious, cold hearted, broken Ashton.