CHAPTER 3 ~ GOODBYE

Photo of Amber ^^^

Time has seemed to go by so quickly. 4:55, they will be here any minute. I'm waiting in the living room with my family. My mum is staring at the wall. My dad is looking at the clock. And my brother and sister don't even know what's going on. 4:58. I don't want to go. I don't want to leave. I don't want to die. 4:59. There's a knock at the front door. This is it. I start bawling my eyes out. My mum starts crying and I collapse on her lap. My dad goes and answers the door. A man storms through my house "alright time to go NOW" he literally yanks me off my mum and I'm bawling my eyes out "NO LET ME SAY GOODBYE" he makes me stand up "NO WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME." Before he slams the door, I take one last glance at my family. We are in my front yard and he throws me into a truck. I'm alone. So I cry and cry until I can't cry no more. I can picture myself right now, bloodshot eyes. I don't care if people see me like this.

What seems like forever later. We pull up outside a huge compound, so I stop crying. I flatten down my now messed up hair, and begin to proceed out of the vehicle. That guy leads me to the end of the compound and says "right this is where you'll be sleeping until we fight." And walks out of the room. I take the chance to look around. There are about 10 sets of bunk beds, I spot full empty one and plonk myself on the bottom bunk. There is a kid sitting at every bunk, except for mine so there must be 1 more to come. All of a sudden a little girl about the age of 5, runs into the room crying. She trips over by my feet and I pick her up onto my lap. "Hey are you alright" she's crying more than what I was. "No I miss mummy" I give her a light hug and say "I miss my mum as well, look I've been crying too" she looks up at me and smiles knowing that she's not the only one. "What's your name?" "Eliza" she replies with a husky voice. She has dark blonde hair and light blue eyes. She yawns and I lift her onto the top bunk and she embraces me in a hug before falling asleep.

I sigh and lean against the wall of my bunk and look around at everyone else. Most of them have already made friends. But I don't see what the point is cause some of us are probably going to die. I look around, but my eyes are forced to stop. A piercing stare catches my eyes. A boy, I'm guessing around 18 looks at me with bright green eyes and dark hair. I look away and look back, and he's glaring at people now. Geez what's his problem. I get up and walk around until I find the bathroom. I look at my blue-grey eyes and they are bloodshot. And I have red blotches on my cheeks. Well, looks like I have made a good first impression on everyone. They already think I'm weak now. I splash my face, and I hear the door open followed by loud footsteps. I open my eyes and look back and see that boy from before walking in. He stops walking when he sees me, but his face remains emotionless. He looks broken in a way. I decide maybe I do need friends in this place. "Hi I'm Amber what's your name?" He walks towards me, and he doesn't stop until I'm pinpointed against the wall. He glares again and he moves right up to my face and looks down a bit. "Don't talk to me" he says menacingly. And he starts to walk out, but I quickly grab his wrist. "What's wrong" he shoves me and I fall on the floor. "It's none of your business." He storms out and I am left on the floor. I pick myself up and walk out, and head back to my bunk. I look back at him and he is blankly staring at the wall. Something is not right with him, and I want to figure out what it is.