1

A/N: I know that they are both from Columbus or even a city around Columbus but i used a small town from Ohio to set the story so please bear? bare? lol with me. Also i don't know if this all accurate i did some research on this but it didn't tell me much about agricultural jobs and stuff so i'm kinda just making it up...and tyler and zach are friends not brothers.
••

PRESENT DAY

"I was born in Perrysburg, Ohio.
A place where the winters are cold and dry, and the summers are hot, muggy, and humid, the air always smells of maple and hickory and the Maumee River.", Tyler said softly as he steered the wheel in his warm, slick baby blue pickup. "For many, days and nights are spent fishing the Maumee River and Lake Erie."

"While Lake Erie may be the focus
of daily labor, churches have always tried to be the focus of life. When I lived here, there were nine churches within town limits alone.", Tyler exited off the highway and on to a familiar main street.

"They sponsored soup kitchens,
rummage sales, car washes, and softball games. You'd think that all the people here were friendly, welcoming, open-hearted...", he sat there at a four way stop, tapping his thumb as he looked at the small white church on the corner.

"... and that money or family background or education or luck didn't matter. But they did matter. They mattered to everyone. Except Joshua Dun.
Singer. Secret drummer.", he laughed to himself.
Believer in God...", Tyler turned into a drive way just past the church and cemetery, turning the ignition off, hesitant to walk up to the house.

"Believer in me.", the color was different from what he remembers, ringing the doorbell with his left hand that shows a gold wedding band hugging his finger, the door opened to reveal a nurse.

-

February, 1985

The sleek baby blue pick up roared as it turned the corner and screeched as Tyler pressed the breaks, showing off for his friends. He stepped out of his cherished baby as two other cars showed up after him. Out came Brendon, Zach, Jenna, and Debby.

"Where is he? He's supposed to be here already.", Tyler looked down at his wrist and paced a bit.

"He'll be here, chill.", Brendon stated.

"I wanna dance.", Jenna walked closer to Tyler.

"So go dance.", Tyler took a step backwards.

"With you.", Jenna said almost seductive with her small voice and hooded eyes.

"I. Don't. Dance.", Tyler rolled his eyes at her.

The sound of gravel interrupted Jenna's thoughts and the others conversations. "Dallon! You're here finally lets go!", Tyler basically pulling him out of his car and grouping together with the others.

"Are you sure this is safe?", Dallon questioned hesitant.

"I did it, of course it's safe.", Tyler's arm around his shoulder, dragging him to the tower above the drainage system water.

"After you.", Tyler stated as Dallon grabbed onto the ladder and slowly climbed up.

"Dallon. Dallon. Dallon.", the others cheered as he got to the edge of the old wooden platform.

"Well jump together on three, okay?", Tyler assured.

Dallon nodded timid, "How deep is it?"