Chapter Nine

Brielle Davis

Everything seemed to move in slow motion after Chris and I confessed to each other. Yes, we do like each other, but nothing has really changed between us. It's like we always kinda liked one another, we just never said anything.

"Babe, whatchu thinkin' about?" Chris questioned as he peered through the camera. He called me on FaceTime after we parted ways, and we've been talking ever since.

"Oh nothing much. Just you." I giggled.

"You're so cute," he cooed, causing me to scrunch up my nose at him.

"I know," I spoke, sticking my tongue out. Chris smiled and yawned shortly afterwards, causing me to yawn too.

"You know they say that if someone yawns and you yawn afterwards it's because you have a strong connection with them." he cheesed.

"Nah it's just because yawns are contagious as fu-" I said, yawning mid-sentence. "Look babe, you got me all sleepy now. I gotta take my ass to bed, it's three AM."

"Good idea. I'll talk to you tomorrow Bri, night."

"Nighty." I spoke before disconnecting the call.

Chris Brown

I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed. I just got off the phone with Bri, who could possibly be texting me at this time of night? My vision adjusted to the light on my phone as I read the text.

Aye breezy imma need you down here rn. It's a 505.

- andre

I mentally cursed at the sight of the text and got out of bed, changing into some grey sweats, a black bape T-shirt and some nikes. I went over to the door and disabled the alarm system, typing in my birthday as the code. Silently, I made my way over to my window and pulled it open, jumping down from the second story and running across the street. Taking a left, I turned my head to make sure nobody else was following me as I continued walking. Finally making my way to the car wash, I took out my key and unlocked the door, taking extra care to be as silent as possible.

I work part-time during the day, cleaning windshields and tires to make a quick buck. What goes down after-hours is a different story. When my boss, Andre told me he had a way to help me make more money, I jumped at the chance without looking into it at all-- a mistake on my part. I never would've thought I'd be doing something like this.

I continued walking until I reached the 'employees only' storage closet near the operations panel. Taking out my key once more, I carefully unlocked the door and stepped inside, pulling on the small chain attached to a lightbulb so I wouldn't have to work in complete darkness. Crouching down, I lifted up the rug and unlocked the trap door underneath it, using the ladder to get down to the basement.

"Well would you look who it is. Breezy's finally on time for once." Andre snickered to his men as he patted me on the back.

"I have another job for you." he continued. I felt a lump in my throat as he explained the details to me. My mind raced as I thought of ways to get out of this situation.

"I thought I was done doing jobs for you Andre." I spoke lowly, clenching my jaw.

"That's what they all say. You're mine Breezy, my puppet. You'll always be at my command, whether you like it or not. Go ahead and rat on us, bro. I have men everywhere. If I go down, you go down too." he chuckled, taking a puff from his blunt before continuing. "You need the money anyways, how else would you pay for your treatment?"

I balled up my fists as he stood closer to me.

"That's what I thought. I want the job done in the next two weeks, or I'm sendin' my niggas for you." he enforced, handing me a large manilla envelope with all the information I needed. I nodded, taking it from him and gripping it with my sweaty palms.

I felt the droplets of sweat bead up on my forehead as I came to the conclusion that I had to do this, whether I liked it or not. Unclenching my jaw, I headed back up the ladder before being interrupted again.

"Oh and Breezy," he chuckled once more.

"Yeah?" I gulped.

"Good luck."

And with those last words, I was out.

After placing the envelope in a secure hiding spot, I laid in bed, I tossing and turning as I thought of all the ways my next job could go wrong-- and there was no way I could get out of it. Andre's words echoed in my head as a constant reminder of the fact.

If I go down, you go down too.

Pulling out my phone, I went to the 'notes' section to re-read the address Andre gave me, since I wasn't quite listening the first time he said it. I stared at the address with my mouth agape when the realization hit me.

Fuck.

~~

Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be updating this book more frequently, and there are other works on the way soon! (s/o to my sus breezysociety) Also, thanks for getting this to 1.3k reads! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

So, what do you think Chris' secret job is? What's with the address? Will he tell Bri anytime soon? Comment what you think (and don't forget to vote)

All this (and more) will be revealed soon ;) {follow me on ig:@christopherandchill, I'm lit}

-Lee