Life Afterwards

Tris’s POV

Life Afterwards

I wake up the next morning feeling happy and relaxed. I roll over expecting to bump into Tobias, but he wasn’t there. I open my eyes and stare at the clock. It is eight in the morning, he must be up already. I get up and put a long length shirt on, enough to cover me but leave my legs bear. I walk out into the kitchen and find him standing over the counter with a skillet in hand,scraping the last of whatever was in there onto two plates. He looks up at me and puts the skillet in the sink.

“ ‘Mornin,” he says with a warm smile.

“Good morning.” I say, still weak from sleep, but I return his smile.

“I was just about to come wake you up,” he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the side of my neck. “Breakfast.”

“What did you make?” I ask as I place my hands on his neck and start to play with with his short hair.

“Scrambled eggs...toast...bacon...and fresh strawberries,” he says in between kisses on my left cheek, then my right cheek, then my forehead, and finally a long kiss on my lips. We stand there kissing each other for a long time until he breaks away.“You know, eventually we're going to starve.”

I let out a small giggle and he pulls out my chair for me. I nod to him in gratitude and sit, he pushes me in then sits in his own chair.

“So, how did you sleep?” he asks.

“Fine, you?”

He tenses up a little and stares at his plate as he answers.

“Okay.” he shrugged.

“The nightmares again?” I ask a little worried. He’s been having a lot.

“Yeah, but it isn’t the same as the others,”

“You wanna talk about it?”

“I dreamed about my last moment with Eric.”

I grab his empty hand from across the table with mine and stroke it sympathetically.

“Do you regret what you did?” I ask.

“No...yes...maybe, I don’t know. I just wish that there was another way to settle it, not end with him...” he trails off and closes his eyes.

I get up and slowly go to his side. He puts one arm around my waist to pull me close to him and I put both my arms around his neck.

“I know how you feel.”

He pulls me into his lap and sets his other hand on thigh, the one on my waist moved slowly up to my cheek. His index finger behind my ear to elevate my head so that his forehead is touching mine.

“Tris.” he whispers, and then presses his lips to mine. We sit there for a while, kissing each other desperately, until he decides to get up and carry me back to the bedroom.