Chapter 1

Lauren had just snuck out of a girl's house after the girl had fallen asleep after their quick hook up. Lauren was now on her way back to her condo when she got a call.

Lauren picked it up without seeing the caller I.D. "Hello?" She asked.

"Lauren Michelle! Where are you? I'm standing outside of your door!" Lauren's mom, Clara, exclaimed.

"Uh, why?" Lauren rolled her eyes.

"I just wanted to visit, real quick. Now, where are you? Don't tell me you're with another random girl!" Clara sternly said and Lauren rolled her eyes, again.

"Lauren, don't you dare roll your eyes at me." Clara said again into the phone and Lauren furrowed her eyebrows.

"How did you--"

"Lauren, I gave birth to you. I've known you for twenty-four years. I know you were rolling your eyes." Clara said.

"Okay, true...well, I'm about to be there. I just parked." Lauren said and Clara sighed loudly.

"Just get here, quickly, please." Clara stated and Lauren said "mhm" and then hung up.

Lauren mentally prepared herself for another lecture from her mom about how she should be like Taylor or Chris and how she should find someone that she likes and be in a real relationship.

Lauren entered the building and into the elevator, then went to her floor. She spotted her mother down the hallway, staring at her intently.

Lauren went over to her door and unlocked it, letting her mom in her place.

"You knew I was here and didn't even try to fix yourself up? Your lipstick is smeared, your hair is wild like you just- you know, and the top of your shirt is unbuttoned, and your zipper is down." Clara inspected her daughter.

Lauren heavily sighed and quickly zipped up her pants, and buttoned her shirt. "Better?" She said eyeing her mom.

Her mom scoffed and shook her head, disappointed,

"Lauren, when are you going to finally have a girlfriend or boyfriend? Since you told me, you don't- uh, label yourself." Clara said and Lauren shrugged. Lauren didn't label herself, yes, but she always leaned more towards women.

"I don't know, whenever it happens, it will." Lauren replied and Clara crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"You're already twenty-four, almost twenty-five, you've finished college, and you have enough money to last a lifetime. Yet, you use it to party almost every night. You're the oldest and almost in complete charge of the business. Your father and I are still doing the job, but when we retire, then when are you going to have the time to find someone?" Clara questioned and Lauren groaned.

"Chris and Taylor aren't in this conversation because those two are still away at college but they've already found someone." Clara added in.

"It'll happen when it happens, mom!" Lauren said, shrugging.

"Lauren, please, try to find someone. I'm going to have to make Chris or Taylor the one completely in charge of the business if you don't find someone soon." Clara said, softly.

"No, no! I'll find someone, okay?" Lauren stated and her mom smiled at Lauren softly. Clara looked at her phone and her eyes widened, slightly.

"Please do. Now, I have to get back to the building. An emergency meeting was just called." Clara finally said, giving Lauren a hug, then letting herself out.

Lauren groaned and called up Normani, her best friend. Once, Normani picked up, Lauren started to rant to her best friend.

"Can you believe it? My mom decided to lecture me again, about finding someone, and had the nerve to tell me that if I don't then I might not even get to be in charge of our family business!"