VI

Chapter Seven:

Popular Culture

The next day in class we watched "Steamboat Willie". From what I learned about it, I decided to use it in my history project.

I learned that Steamboat Willie is a 1928 American animated short film. It was directed by Walt Disney and Ub lwerks.

After school, I went home and worked on my essay again. It was already so long, I didn't think I would ever need to add anything to it. However, I knew I had to add more to have all the requirements.

That night, I dreamed I was watching a silent film. I think that silent films are amazing. They are so funny sometimes, and you can make up words for what they are saying.

Kenra and I were in a crowed movie theatre. On the screen, two men were chasing each other around.

Even though I love silent movies, this one was starting to get pretty boring. I looked over at Kendra and whispered," Do you want to leave?"

She looked back at me with a balled up look on her face. "Sure, if you want to."

So, we left the movie theatre and started to walk to the abandoned house.

On our way there, Kendra and I passed a lot of shops with advertisements.

"So, you've noticed the advertisements. I was hoping you would notice them." Kendra told me.

"Why?" I asked her. Why would she want me to notice advertisements.

"Because advertisements were new for this time. They just started to make them. Coca-Cola hired stars and sports figures to make them persuade people to buy their products." Kendra told me.

"Oh." I replied. I wrote all of this down in my notebook.