VII

Chapter Eight:

Society

All of a sudden we were surrounded by people dancing.

"Where are we?" I asked Kendra.

"We're in a dance club." she replied. "Dance clubs were starting to get enormously popular at this time. While we're here learning about dance clubs, we mind as well dance and have some fun."

So, we did jsut that. We danced with people and just had as much fun as we could. This dance wasn't as good as the dance I went to with my friends, but it was still good.

When the dance was over, Kendra and I walked outside to talk.

"So, what did you learn from this dance?" Kendra asked me.

"Honestly, just what you told me." I laughed.

Kendra looked disapointed, but she looked like she understood. "I guess I can understand that. It was just a dance."

"So what will we learn about now?" I asked her.

"We will be learning about the fashion of the roaring twenties."

"...I already know all about the fashion though." I told Kendra with a smile on my face.

Kendra smiled and said,"Oh really, then what is a flapper?"

"A flapper is a girl who has short hair, a bob, wears a short dress, wear stockings, and they have shoes that show their ankles." I replied.

"Well, I guess you don't need to learn about fashion then." Kendra told me. "Well, I cna't think of anything else I can teach you."

I smiled. "So I'm done having these dreams?"

Kendra nodded.

I woke up that morning. I was so happy that I was done learning about the roaring twenties. I could finish my essay now.