V

Chapter Six:

Technology

When I had woken up, I got ready for school. During history class, we got to work on our projects. I decided to write an essay on the 1920's.

Again, like every other night, I dreamed about the 20's. This time, I was in 1927. Kendra and I were driving in a model-T, the newest car available. This car was made by Henry Ford with his company Ford Motors. I knew that because back in 1929, I owned my own model-T.

The model-T we were driving in was black, just like every other model-T, and had the roof pulled down. It seemed to be the middle of summer, and the sun was high in the sky.

"What are we doing?" I asked Kendra. "Are we just going to ride around in a model-T all day?"

Kendra laughe while she drove the car. "No, we are going to use this car to get to new places. We 're going to be learning all about the technology of this fine time period."

"Oh, so we get to meet a lot of inventors today?" I asked her.

"Well, actually I am just going to show you people, tell you who they are, and what inventions they made." Kendra replied.

I was bummed out. I was looking forward to meeting a couple of inventors that did, or could, change the world. "Okay, so where are we going then?"

"We are going to my favorite valley. I'll show you some pictures of the inventors." she told me.

"How are you going to show me pictures of them?" I asked.

"Don't you know that a couple rich people got pictures of themselves? We have access to them because this is your dream." Kendra told me.

"Yes, I suppose it is." I replied to her, smiling.

When we reached the valley, I was amazed. It really was beautiful.

Kendra and I got out of the car and walked to a hill close by. We sat down and looked at pictures.

The first one Kendra showed me was John Logie Baird.

"John built the first working mechanical television system in 1925. Also, he invented and demonstrated the first color tevevision." Kendra told me.

"That's cool. I have a color television at home." I replied. My family was really rich, so we were one of the only families in my town that had a television.

Kendra nodded and then grabbed the next photo. "This is Charles Lindbergh. He flight tested a plane and broke a transcontinental record. The flight took 20 hours and 21 minutes."

"Wow, that's really cool." I replied, interested. "I heard about someone doing that, and now I know who it is. So who's next?"

We talked for a long time about inventors and technology of the roaring twenties. When we were done, the scene went black and I woke up in my room.