Chapter 6: "The Thanksgiving dinner"

The living room was full of waiters and the butler was at the door to open it to the guests. The first guests to arrive were Robert Hathaway and his wife Carole.

- Terrence! Good evening! Thank you for accepting to host the dinner here

- Good evening and you're welcome Robert, said Terry smiling, Mrs. Hathaway

- Miss Brighton, said Hathaway, good evening

- Good evening Mr. Hathaway, said Annie with a smile, Mrs. Hathaway.

- Good evening, said Mrs. Hathaway smiling.

- Welcome, said Terry

- Thank you very much Terry, said Hathaway

The couple entered the living room. Other guests from the troupe arrived.

- Good evening Terrence, said one actress

- Karen, said Terry

She completely ignored Annie and smiled with all her teeth to the handsome Terrence.

- I'm happy to spend Thanksgiving with you, she said with a sensual voice, I'm available for you, is you need my help

- Thank you Terrence

Karen walked away with a provocative walk. Annie and Terry looked at her.

- "I'm available for you if you need my help"? Repeated Annie

- She's very servable, said Terry

- Oh that, I'm sure of! Said Annie smiling

Eleonor Baker arrived, stunning and very beautiful in dress enhancing her breast. Her hair was up in bun, perfect. She smiled seeing the couple at the door.

- Terrence! She said smiling, here's an image I like seeing!

- Good evening mum...

- Miss Baker...

- You look like a young couple greeting theirs guests...

- That's actually what we're doing, but we're not a couple and Robert and his wife will come and take our place once they had something to drink...

- Robert is already here? Said Eleonor

She entered the living room. Robert's face lit up when he saw her come in. His wife was sulking. Eleonor went to say hi to Robert, just to get on his wife's nerves. She liked making fun of her, she felt like she was back in school...

Susanna Marlowe arrived at the door and she was sulking when she saw Terry with Annie.

- Oh, Terry and... what was your name again?

- Annie...

- Oh yeah! Why are you at the door greeting us? Asked Susanna

- Because this is my house and Mr. Hathaway and his wife will replace in a few moments...

- I can stay if you want, she said, euh, what was your name again? Oh yeah! Annie can go and sit for a moment and get a little rest...

- If someone want needs to sit, it's not me, said Annie, there are armchairs in the living room. There's even one where you can lie down with your leg. I'm going to continue to keep Terrence company. After all, he's nice enough to let me stay at his house, he even got a job for me, that's the least I can do, Miss... I'm sorry, I forgot your name, said Annie politely.

Susanna walked away.

- Another one offering her services, said Annie

- People are very generous theses days...

- You don't even need to lift you little finger and they come running... You're very lucky, said Annie ironically

- Thanks for staying...

- I was not going to let your ex-fiancée send me packing...

- You nicely put her back in her place...

She didn't have the time to reply, other guests arrived and they had to greet them. Robert Hathaway arrived a little while later to replace them with his wife.

- It's time for you to go get something to drink, said Hathaway

- Thank you, said Terry, let's go Annie...

He took her arms and they walked together to the living room. They got something to drink from the tray of the waiters and they ate some appetizers. Some young actresses arrived to speak to Terry. Annie found herself talking to Eleonor.

- I have to admit that it was a pleasure to see Terry and you at the door...

- It was nothing, said Annie

- Don't fool yourself. You've broken the hopes of all those little actresses who were hoping to get Terry's attention...

- Well, looks like that's what they're doing now, said Annie

- You left them the empty field...

- Miss Baker, Terrence is old enough to manage on his own.

- As a matter of fact, and it does nothing to you to see him surrounded by women...

- Should it do anything to me?

- I don't know, after all, you're only friends. You probably want him to be happy... especially with all those actresses spinning around him...

Annie didn't reply and looked a Terry surrounded by ladies... She was refusing to admit it, but she was jealous...