Chapter 8: " Say it with flowers"

Annie arrived in her room and closed the door and leaned on it for a moment. Oh my God! What an evening!!! Archibald kissing her for once without being begged and fierely. He had never kissed her like that before! He never even kissed her before! Why didn't he kiss her like that when they were engaged? Because he was doing it for Candy and he had decided he wasn't going to please her to that point... He barely touched her. She was like a ball prisoners dragged with them. And now, she had felt Archibald's whole passion. Before a kiss like that would have made her forget everything and she would've fallen into Archibald's arms... But now... Terry... She didn't want to leave Terry!!!! Terry...She thought about what had happened tonight. Terry hadn't said a word on their ride back home. He started drinking... he was angry because he had seen Archibald kiss her ans he had kissed her. He said he wasn't jealous... He had gotten angry when she had suggested she should leave. He didn't want her to leave! If he wasn't jealous, Terry was really a very good friend and he really cared about her situation! He even forced a kiss on her, she was so surprised she didn't have time to react, but if the kiss had lasted longer... She put her hand on her lips. Terry's lips were still burning on hers... she took her clothes off and she got ready for the night. She put on a night gown and she went in front of the dresser to brush her black and silky hair for a long time.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry also went upstairs to his bedroom and he put his fingers on his lips again... the sensation was familiar to him... but how? And why did he react to violently when he saw Annie and Archie in the garden kissing? She was his friend, he didn't want to see her make a mistake by going backwards. If it had been Candy, he would've gone and hit Archie... which he didn't do with Annie, since she was just a friend. He was happy with that explanation. He didn't thing that the fact that he was older and more mature prevented him from using his hands very easily... he'd rather think that he didn't hit the dandy because Annie was just a friend for him. He lay on his bed and when he closed his eyes, he relived the kiss with Annie, she hadn't respond to it, but in his dream, she was responding to it passionately...

oOoOoOoOoOo

The next day, when Annie went downstairs in the dining room for breakfast, she found a bouquet
of yellow roses at her place on the dining room table. Terry was sitting there having a cup of coffee.

- Good morning, she said without looking at him

- Good morning Annie...

She went to sit and she took the bouquet of yellow roses.

- Yellow roses... do you have something to be forgiven for? She asked

- You know the meaning of yellow roses?

- There are lots of meaning... some say it's jealousy, infidelity, friendship, forgiveness...

- Take your pick... but you know our situation

- Yes... jealousy, friendship, forgiveness...

- Jealousy?

- Yes...

- I'm not jealous...

- And I'm the Queen of England!

- He doesn't deserve you!

- Really? And why?

- You've changed Annie, you not the same girl who used to blindly obey orders! You've got a job, you're independent! You've got ambitions... you dandy is only going to smother you, because he would want you to turn back the way you were before; the nice little high society wife... in brief, he would want you to get back to being " Be beautiful, but shut up!"

- So, according to you, Archie wants me back, but he's going to be against the changes in me?

- What do you think?

They were interrupted by the buttler who brought a bouquet of flowers;yellow, white and red, he gave to Annie... There was little card saying: "Forgive me my love. I love you... Archibald"

Terry looked at the scene and the colour of the roses.

- Your dandy? He asked

- Yes...

- Let me guess, he asking you to forgive him and he says he loves you...

- I like reading that

- You can't trust him Annie

- Terry, you should give me more credit than that...I feel like an idiot according to you...

- I'm sorry if that's the impression I'm giving you... but I'm worried about you...

- As a matter of fact and you're not jealous... after all we're just friends right? She said ironically

- I admit that seeing the dandy wanting you back made me angry... after the way he treated
you... you're my friend Annie and I care about you and about our friendship...

Annie looked at him; it wasn't a declaration of love, but she wasn't waiting for one... She smiled.

- Are you ready to go? He asked

- Did you look at the paper? The critics?

- Full of praise! Said Terry smiling

- Congratulations! You and your mother make a great team!

They left for another day of work...