Chapter 12: "New year... same level?"

They continued savouring the fiery and passionate kiss. It was a thousand times better, since Terry was sober this time and his breath smelled good...

Terry was reliving their first kiss which he had completely forgot about because he was drunk... the impression of having done it before was not one : he had kissed Annie before!!! It was not a dream! He prolonged the kiss which was so good. When they finally stopped, they looked at each other.

- May I have this dance, Miss Brighton?

- I'd be delighted, Master Grandchester...

He took her hand and took her to the dance floor and they mixed themselves with other couples and they had a lot of fun. Terry was talking to her, telling her stories and Annie was laughing out loud. She was happy to be in Terry's arms. They danced a lot of times together. Terry stayed next to Annie to this last one great joy!

The orchestra who was playing took a little break. Patricia went to see Annie to ask her something.

- Annie, can you play something on the piano for us?

- What? In front of all these people? Said Annie.

- You're very good Annie...everything is going to be fine.

- But... it's been so long, said Annie.

- You want me to play with you? Said Terry.

- You can play the piano? Said Annie surprised.

- Yes, I took lessons when I was younger. My father insisted I learn... go figure why...

- Maybe to play for his guests during dinner parties and receptions? Said Patricia.

- And to show my stepmonster that I wasn't the worthless bastard she kept calling me, said Terry, let's go Annie...

- Terry, you're used to perform in public..., said Annie, I'm used to having 6 to 10 people including my parents!

- Look at me... forget the guests Annie and concentrate on your piece... I will be there with you...

Annie looked into his eyes. She trusted him and he was going to be with her.

- All right, she said smiling, let's go.

- Wonderful! Said Patricia, let me announce you.

The three friends walked to the one of the living rooms which has a beautiful piano. Patricia called the guest to her attention to say:

- Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends. While the orchestra is taking a break, Terrence Grandchester and Annie Brighton are going to show us what they learned during their fastidious piano lessons by playing a few pieces for us... Let me just tell you that they haven't practice in a while, I took them by surprise... so be nice.

The guests applauded. Terry and Annie went to sit together at the piano, side by side.

- What are starting with? Whispered Annie.

- We can start with the Canon from Pachelbel, it's relaxing..., said Terry.

- All right...

- I'll start...

- And I'll follow...

They started playing together. Annie was a little nervous... But Terry was making her feel good, they started playing in harmony and she wasn't afraid anymore. She was with Terry... Terry who had kissed her... It really wasn't the time to think about that... the piece of music, with Terry...