Beauty

The woman stood proudly, her back arched against the wooden stake she was bound to. Her ebony hair danced around her bewitchingly and her green eyes sparkled with vitality. The scowl set upon perfect rosy lips revealed the depth of her hatred.

           “Shall you repent?” the king asked. His eyes softened slightly, beseechingly. The woman before him was beautiful yet she was doomed to die, unless he spoke otherwise.

           “It is you, not I, that is guilty of sin, and you shall pay dearly for it. Your son shall be cursed to reflect the darkness of your nature. Only love can set him free; but, by his twenty-first birthday, if no kiss has been bestowed, he shall remain frozen in stone for all eternity,” the young woman lashed out and furry burned within the king as he laughed at her insolence. He offered to save her, but for her pride, she would die. Reaching out, he yanked the pure white cloth the covered her figure.

           “Light the fire,” he commanded his men. “Let us see how a witch burns.”

           Hay was scattered around the woman’s feet and a torch lit it. The flames leaped up, as if relishing the touch upon her pale skin. Her lips parted slightly but no sound was emitted and her eyes glistened but no tears fell. The woman’s eyes closed and her body fell limp within the devouring flames.

           “We are done here,” he commanded the troops as he and his men returned home. Throughout the procession, images of the burning woman flashed beneath his eyes. Her words seemed to haunt him, whispering softly in his ear. His heels pressed firmly into the horse he rode as he raced towards the castle. The castle grew larger as he approached. Jumping off his horse, he nearly raced toward his wife. Relief filled him as he saw his queen standing before him with a small bundle within her arms. His beautiful son lay peacefully asleep. Blissful emotions filled him as he leaned down and kissed her passionately as the rosy sky darkened.

           “Welcome back,” she began whispered as he pulled his lips gently from hers, but was interrupted by the sharp crying of their son, who lay nestled within their arms. A most peculiar thing began to happen. Midnight black fur grew from the small boy’s skin and glistening white fangs grew where no teeth previous inhabited.

           “Oh no! What have I done?” the king muttered helplessly as the queen shrieked.

Please let me know if you would like me to continue:) I got this idea from a disney marathon...haha! (Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback of Notre Dame) Thanks!