One pier, two demonic princesses

Chapter 3

A few hours have passed so I've decided to make my way down to the pier. I think I might be a little late, but this can't possibly be that important can it?
When I finally get there, I see Jillian standing at the edge of the pier, gripping tightly onto the railing. She's watching the waves of the Black Sea go by, probably breathing in the fresh, salty air much like I am. I have so many good memories here from our childhood, for we always used to come swimming here. We would splash around and have a great time, regardless of the awful creatures who lived in the depths of the sea.
Then Jillian turns, and snaps me out of my trance. She gives me a once over, probably taking in the fact that I actually changed my clothes for this.
"Took you long enough! What? Did you have trouble picking out an outfit?" She asks in a mocking tone and starts to walk away from me.
"No, I just had some things to take care of," I reply. ( I didn't. )
"So what are we dealing with here?" I ask curiously.
"I don't know much, apparently it has been tearing up the east slums recently." She responds, taking a sharp right into the city.
"Do you at least know what class it is?" I question. We need to know what we're up against.
"Nope" she chants as she bobs around a building unexpectedly and weaves stealthily around a back alley corner. I however, nearly ran straight into a wall.
It's not hard to get lost in the east slums, for here are so many twists and turns. There are also urchins and children running around, littering the streets. This makes it hard to go undetected.
Just then, I notice a very obvious soul trail ahead.
"Hey Jill." I whisper. "We're here."
There are burning remains of houses all around us, this part of the city completely wiped out. Jillian scans the perimeter before signing and saying,
"Well crap. Let's go find the bastard."
With that, she gives me a smirk and begins to run to her left, so I turn to my right and run the opposite direction, hoping that one of us will encounter the soul eventually.
Or maybe I shouldn't hope that at all.

Okay, so i'm not getting many views on this story ( obviously ) and I don't mean to sound annoying, but if you read this story and want to read more, let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for your support! ~ Bice